Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JWest Engineering products
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
JWest
From the makers of RennShift come a number of items to help your 914 live a healthier, happier life.

More products being added all the time - check us out at www.jwesteng.com

Fuse box with blade-type fuses (no more cleaning off corrosion or kicking your fuses onto the floor).

IPB Image

Fog light flash module (tell others to get out of the fast lane or signal that 914 going the other way).

IPB Image

Rear trunk hinge pivot kit (bolts in - no welding - and adds adjustability).

IPB Image
double-a
i'd like to add my .02 worth for the fog light kit. it's a quality product, put together well and with simple instructions too. i'm certainly not an electrical guru, and installing the kit took about five minutes, maybe less. thanks!

~a driving.gif
bernbomb914
It would be nice if the vendors quoited prices on there products and a way to order them. and if they are hooked up with paypal
seanery
Bernie, click on the link in James' signature. That takes you to his web page where there are prices and ordering capabilities built-in. biggrin.gif
JWest
QUOTE(bernbomb914 @ Jun 25 2004, 11:35 PM)
It would be nice if the vendors quoited prices on there products and a way to order them. and if they are hooked up with paypal

I was just trying not to waste too much bandwidth here, since it is all available on my own site - one click away as Sean said.
914werke
Besides why would you want to pay Evilbay/Paypal anyway?
914werke
James on the hinge pivots once the OE mounts are ground or torn off wub.gif
How do you center or orient the hinges to avoid alingment issues?
JWest
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Aug 4 2004, 03:41 PM)
James on the hinge pivots once the OE mounts are ground or torn off wub.gif
How do you center or orient the hinges to avoid alingment issues?

The process is to bolt the new assembly to the hinge, and position the trunk lid (closed) exactly where it should sit. Going through the engine compartment, the new holes can be drilled through the new mount with everything in place. That way the alignment is perfect from the start.

Because the holes are oversize, the alignment can be changed quite easily afterward, too.
JimFraser
I'm having big problems getting into the www.jwesteng.com site.....is it down?
seanery
I just clicked on the link in James' signature and it worked fine for me. confused24.gif
JWest
All looks OK to me, too.
Brando
Mr. James Adams, will you take paypal payment for a trunklid hinge kit?
JWest
QUOTE(Brando @ Sep 20 2004, 06:47 PM)
Mr. James Adams, will you take paypal payment for a trunklid hinge kit?

Sure will. You can order on my site (www.jwesteng.com) and pay with paypal is an option.
skline
That hinge kit is exactly what I need. Payment has been made and I will await my parts. Smooth site and easy to navigate through, one of these days I will be able to afford the shifter for my car. Thanks James.
Carlitos Way
ISn't the shifter undergoing a big re-model/re-engineering right now?

C.
AZ914
James,

Is your site up? I wanna give you some money... biggrin.gif
JWest
Site is up, but shifters are being reworked for faster production (hard to keep up)!
skline
Got the hinge kit today, thanks James, the quality is outstanding on it and it should last longer than the rest of my car. Kudos to you. Got baby yet??? Let us know.
BPGREER
Just wanted to say that your fog light flasher unit is very cool. I bought it months ago, and finally decided to put it in today. If I knew it was going to be that easy, I would have done it a while ago. Very nice product. smilie_pokal.gif

Brian
Chris H.
agree.gif

I installed mine a few months ago as well. Great instructions, and a great product. This reminds me of a story... a few years ago a really nice guy GAVE me a set of fog lights for my '75 that he didn't need. Just mailed them to me one day. Can you believe that? Now that's a decent person, isn't it? I think so.

And the really nice guy....is James Adams. beerchug.gif
jwalters
biggrin.gif How much for the rennshift??? Your site does not say, nor does pelican, or bontempis...
mack914
I have a RennShift installed last year. Do you have small window stickers so I advertise your product? It would also look good on my side window.

Mack
JWest
QUOTE (jwalters @ Apr 30 2005, 03:11 PM)
biggrin.gif  How much for the rennshift??? Your site does not say, nor does pelican, or bontempis...

It is posted on the site, but it's a little hidden in the text right now since I am not actively taking orders on the new version yet.

$470 is the price.
JWest
QUOTE (mack914 @ May 3 2005, 07:23 AM)
I have a RennShift installed last year. Do you have small window stickers so I advertise your product? It would also look good on my side window.

Mack

I'd like to get some made - just not sure how soon I'll get to it. I'll send you some when I do!
neo914-6
James,

When can you design an engine lid hinge replacment? biggrin.gif

JWest
QUOTE (Neo914 @ May 10 2005, 05:50 PM)
James,

When can you design an engine lid hinge replacment? biggrin.gif

Right after I hire some more help, finish the design of about 10 other products, and take a nice long vacation...

Actually, I have noted the request from thread a few weeks ago, and will look into it soon. Quick release will be part of the plan...
neo914-6
QUOTE (James Adams @ May 11 2005, 01:52 PM)
James,

When can you design an engine lid hinge replacment?  :D

Right after I hire some more help, finish the design of about 10 other products, and take a nice long vacation...

Actually, I have noted the request from thread a few weeks ago, and will look into it soon. Quick release will be part of the plan...

You just need more coffee. laugh.gif
I bet you can pre-sale them! smilie_pokal.gif

Mark Henry
Mark's Aircooled is proud to offer JWest Engineering products in Canada.

cool.gif
neo914-6
James,

Ok, it's been four weeks... biggrin.gif

I got your rear lid hinges, nice but the powdercoat is grey not black as in your pic. I suppose I can paint them...
JWest
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Jun 11 2005, 11:20 AM)
James,

Ok, it's been four weeks... biggrin.gif

I got your rear lid hinges, nice but the powdercoat is grey not black as in your pic. I suppose I can paint them...

It's just paint - never claimed powder on anything except the shifter parts. Repaint to your heart's content.

4 weeks! 4 months would be wishful thinking.
neo914-6
QUOTE (James Adams @ Jun 11 2005, 11:17 AM)

It's just paint - never claimed powder on anything except the shifter parts. Repaint to your heart's content.

4 weeks! 4 months would be wishful thinking.

They sure don't look like regular paint.

4 months! Oh well, probably when I'll actually need them... laugh.gif
ewdysar
James,

When are you going to re-open for business? I finally got my foglights in and sure would like one of your nifty wiring kits.

Thanks,
Eric

PS. and where do I stand on the shifter list?
914fan
Your hinge kit appears to be adjustable. Does the eye bolt adjust, IE screw up and down inside the long nut welded to the plate? If so that makes alignment even better. Does it? I now have some money and can purchase. Last hurdle. Are you open for business?
JWest
QUOTE (914fan @ Sep 17 2005, 10:32 PM)
Your hinge kit appears to be adjustable. Does the eye bolt adjust, IE screw up and down inside the long nut welded to the plate? If so that makes alignment even better. Does it? I now have some money and can purchase. Last hurdle. Are you open for business?

Yes, the eyebolt does adjust a little. The majority of the adjustment comes from the holes, though. Because the chassis is sandwiched, there is no probelm with movement using oversized mounting holes.

You can order form my website again (link at bottom of this post).
Bnick
mueba.gif I just got the shifter last week and installed it this week along with new bushings. WOW what a difference. I have a 72 tail shifter and this is the best thing I have ever done to my 914. No slop shifting I am driving with the biggest smile. Thanks James
turbo914v8
I got one as well. I am running a Parntera box in mine. Its unreal the positive feel of the shifter now with this product. And looks real cool too. Defiantly the center piece cosmetically and mechanically. Thanks for the great product James.
Andyrew
I just installed a rennshifter as well (used, early model) and must say this is one of the nicest things I have ever seen for the 914. Even with my crappy shifter bushings, I have probably saved a second off my 1/4 mile times Just because of shifting. Now instead of carefully working the shifter into place, I shift however fast I can engage and release the clutch.. Its also so smooth. The shift pattern is so close and so percise.

Thanks for a fine product James!

Andrew
Gint
Hey James!

I'm getting this error page re-direction when clicking on any of your product links.
JWest
Give me a couple days - eerything will be back up...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.