Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: something going on?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tat2dphreak
so, I'm in Savannah, Ga this weekend for work... seeing a LOT of Porsches on trailers... is there a race here this weekend?

Jake Raby
Probably a DE at Roebling.. I used to run a February DE with the Florida Citrus Region there a few years ago..
Sleepin
I dunno, but I LOVE Savannah! wub.gif
GeorgeRud
This year's PCA Porsche Parade will be held in Savannah, so it could also be people setting up and pre-running the rallye and other events.
ellisor3
QUOTE(tat2dphreak @ Feb 18 2011, 10:17 PM) *

so, I'm in Savannah, Ga this weekend for work... seeing a LOT of Porsches on trailers... is there a race here this weekend?

Back in the mid 90's, Savannah built a really nice road track on Hutchinson Island which is just over the Talamange ?? bridge (the big f'n bridge). They spend millions of dollars on it. They had one race on it and it never had another one. The city is now trying to revive the track by hosting lots of car events there. They do a lot of Porsche events, track days and such. Really nice track. There was an episode of "Car Crazy" that was at the track for the Hilton Head car show.
tat2dphreak
cool beans. I was seeing an ecclectic collection, all set up for race. a gt3 fully gutted and prepped for race, right next to a 924, and a few non-porsches in various states of race-dress.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.