Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is anyone running 17" Lindsey or Rebel Fuchs?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
badm
I have had a very hard time geting 245/45-16 tires that I like, and was thinking about other options. Have any of you run eather the 17" Rebel/Fuchs or the Lindsey/Fuchs on your 914's. They use the centers from 16 x 6 Fuchs with BBS rim halves to make up the 17" wheels. Thanks Badm
echocanyons
Rota Fox are another good option

Rota Fox

it should be noted that these are gravity cast wheels, that are certainly not the same quality as the oem fuchs
campbellcj
I am not using them now but am seriously thinking about it. I've now got 2 sets of wide 16's though and for now Hoosier still makes what I need. Not sure about other rubber, however.
r_towle
QUOTE(badm @ Feb 19 2011, 01:06 PM) *

I have had a very hard time geting 245/45-16 tires that I like, and was thinking about other options. Have any of you run eather the 17" Rebel/Fuchs or the Lindsey/Fuchs on your 914's. They use the centers from 16 x 6 Fuchs with BBS rim halves to make up the 17" wheels. Thanks Badm

Are there any decent street tires available in the 16 inch size, or are the tires super limited now?
I was thinking of the 16 inch fuchs for my 356....but I am leaning toward the 17 inch for looks right now...
Might be interested in buying your 16's if you ever want to sell them.

Rich
badm
You can still get 16's in the narrow size's and lots of wider R compound tires, but it is gettig harder to find major brands. I dont think I will ever sell my 16's in the hopes some one of the top tire brands keeps manufacturing 245/45's , 15 & 16" wheels look the best on our 40 year old cars. I'm not sold on the 17's looks yet! Badm.

Are there any decent street tires available in the 16 inch size, or are the tires super limited now?
I was thinking of the 16 inch fuchs for my 356....but I am leaning toward the 17 inch for looks right now...
Might be interested in buying your 16's if you ever want to sell them.

Rich
[/quote]
mskala
I have 4 of these right now.
Click to view attachment
I think this is what those companies do with the 6x16 Fuchs.

I am going to refinish and build them as 16's because I have a narrow
body and the race tires I like are in that size.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.