Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tight budget, carb question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ldsgeek
Does anyone have any experience with any of the dual one barrel setups? I want to replace the single progressive that came with my 1974 1.8 but the budget keeps getting tighter than I had hoped. I can save over $100USD by going with dual one barrels instead of dual HPMX 40s but am not sure how the performance/tuning would suffer. The engine is stock other than the intake for now. Any help would be appreciated.
yeahmag
Buy some used Dellorto 36's or 40's. You'll save a bundle and have much better carbs. Dual Kadrons do work, but I didn't like them on my 1776 Bug 15 years ago. I doubt I'd like them any more today.
flipb
Just FYI, AA has the dual HPMX 40's on sale right now for $499. I have them on my 2.0. Decent (though not perfect) setup. I also got them a few months ago at this sale price.
jjackson
Every time that I bought a performance part that was a compromise,it always got replaced later-as soon as budget allowed.J Jackson
r_towle
QUOTE(ldsgeek @ Feb 19 2011, 05:23 PM) *

Does anyone have any experience with any of the dual one barrel setups? I want to replace the single progressive that came with my 1974 1.8 but the budget keeps getting tighter than I had hoped. I can save over $100USD by going with dual one barrels instead of dual HPMX 40s but am not sure how the performance/tuning would suffer. The engine is stock other than the intake for now. Any help would be appreciated.

Would you like to go to FI for really cheap?
GEt in touch...send me a PM, we are close enough.
I may have most of the parts you need...not sure if I have all the Ljet stuff, I do have alot.

Rich
McMark
Dual single barrels will work for your 1.8. You may choke off on the top end (not enough air flow), but they'll work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.