Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: awesome video camera
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimkelly
i am gonna get one for my business.

$299 plus they now offer a lcd screen accessory for rear mount $79.

they even offer one model of the camera for $99 !!!

jim

see video

http://gopro.com/videos/auto/qualifying-lap-at-thunderhill/
brant
there was a group buy a while back
people do love these camera's

I wish they had the ability for a remote microphone
open windows don't sound great on lots of the car video's I've researched...

They look awesome in most ways (except sound)

ConeDodger
LOL Jim! I am sitting on a beach filming a rainbow on the Pacific Ocean using the GoPro I bought in the group buy. They were something like $250 shipped in the group buy and I would buy a second one so if someone wants to coordinate...
stugray
and they are waterproof:

my reeftank

Stu
moparrob
QUOTE(stugray @ Feb 20 2011, 09:28 AM) *

and they are waterproof:

my reeftank

Stu

Cool, I feel like Jacques Cousteau...
campbellcj
They are neat little cameras. The UI is terrible and I wish it had an external mic input, as mentioned above, but for the money they rock. I just got the new LCD back for mine, but haven't tried that yet.

In-car footage from a few weeks ago, Streets of Willow.

http://www.vimeo.com/19691871
turboman808
The video is great. They even use them on a ton of Discovery shows when getting helmet shots and such.

The audio is terrible. Get a Zoom H4N for the audio. Has 4 channels and all you ave to do is sync it all up for some really cool in car action.

3-4 cameras is also really cool. Get the front and rear and the driver. Maybe one on the front or rear bumper.
scotty b
I can attest that it is good in excess of 100 m.p.h.......from what I have been told unsure.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNu2o-w2upg
jimkelly
alright ...

so you guys are fully aware of the gopro ...

have you heard about women ...

i hear they got some good accessories and can be very nice once drunk ...

but whatever you do ...

don't marry them : )

biggrin.gif

jim
hot_shoe914
If there is enough interest I can check with the man and see if I can still get the good price on another group buy. I know my brother is wanting one and since outdoor season is pretty much here, it might be time to do another group buy.

Shoe
zymurgist
I would buy one. I would use it to observe what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong on the motorcycle.
Gint
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 21 2011, 05:12 AM) *
If there is enough interest I can check with the man and see if I can still get the good price on another group buy. I know my brother is wanting one and since outdoor season is pretty much here, it might be time to do another group buy.

Shoe
I'd buy one if another group buy for $250 happened.
AndyB
Thinking hard on this one. Very tempting
Frost
So any info on the group buy?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.