Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOS! Missing Vellios Sideshift piece
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914dave
OK guys, I'm really in a jam here. Bought a Vellios sideshift kit a few years back thinking it was complete. Started mocking up the linkage yesterday and couldn't seem get it figured out. Took a look at the kit (hwgunner) had for sale at new years and saw that I was missing a lever. ( see photo) If one of you or someone you know has a kit that is sitting on the shelf, I would like to borrow that lever for a couple of days to reproduce it. I would handle all costs and include a security deposit if nessecary. I can make somethng close and adjust it, but I'm looking to save that time and make and exact duplicate. Thanks in advance.
Dave
RON S.
Dave,

You need more than luck and a good pleading to find that piece sad.gif . I have a Vellios unit in my car, and sad to say, it ain't coming out unless I can manage to snag the new conversion kit sold in Germany by the guy who goes by the name "BugSpeed"

You might get lucky with some one here who has a kit sitting on the shelf. You'd probably have better luck posting on the classifieds.

Best of Luck in your hunt, and by the way, I've been using a Vellios unit on my 915 box for 2 years now, and i can say that it definitely not my choice for racing/D.E./or autocrossing. It's to easy to miss any gear, 2-5 at any time.
For riding around town,and the countryside it's okay, but start speed shifting, and watch it's weaknesses get exposed.
I'm saving the money for the 916 reproduction kit, and the Vellios unit will come out and go up for sale.
Best of luck,

Ron

kconway
Might check with GPR (johnathan), he's been sourcing oil tanks from Vellios so maybe he (George) has one kicking around still???

Kev
914dave
Thanks guys, I sent Jonathan and email this morning and am waiting for a reply.
Dr Evil
Best to call. Email is iffy at times, but calling GPR tends to get to who you need.
John
What material would you have the part re-created with?

I may be able to be convinced to send you one. My price would be a duplicate part. (I would want my original part back along with a duplicate that you have made).

I have an original kit and I have one installed in a 915.

The installed kit has been "adjusted" and works very well, but my "original" kit is much like it came from Vellios.

Can I trust you to return my original part along with a "duplicate"?

914dave
John,
I'm not sure what material yet. I'm taking the shift rod activator into work to Rockwell test it. The hardness has to be right so there's no galling and wear. Once I find out how hard it is, I'll look at a tool steel chart to pick a steel.
I can make you a copy. I'm not going anywhere and this project is my top priority.
Thanks
Dave
turboman808
QUOTE(RON S. @ Feb 20 2011, 04:10 PM) *

Dave,

You need more than luck and a good pleading to find that piece sad.gif . I have a Vellios unit in my car, and sad to say, it ain't coming out unless I can manage to snag the new conversion kit sold in Germany by the guy who goes by the name "BugSpeed"

You might get lucky with some one here who has a kit sitting on the shelf. You'd probably have better luck posting on the classifieds.

Best of Luck in your hunt, and by the way, I've been using a Vellios unit on my 915 box for 2 years now, and i can say that it definitely not my choice for racing/D.E./or autocrossing. It's to easy to miss any gear, 2-5 at any time.
For riding around town,and the countryside it's okay, but start speed shifting, and watch it's weaknesses get exposed.
I'm saving the money for the 916 reproduction kit, and the Vellios unit will come out and go up for sale.
Best of luck,

Ron

getting off topic but that's what I am running is the setup from Martin(BugSpeed?) and it works amazing. I was so disappointed with how my car worked for years. Finally I can enjoy it like I always imagined.

http://www.bugat5speed.de/en/
John
You didn't have to plead too hard.....

John
Dave,

Your exact duplicate turned out better than the original.

I'm glad to have helped you out. Thanks for the prompt return of the original (and a copy).

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.