Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: starter motor wiring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rwilner
During my enthusiasm for my transmission drop, I neglected to properly document how the starter motor is wired.

Of course, some wires are cut or missing which makes this a bit more challenging than it might otherwise be (car did start and run prior to the drop) -- check out pics for 2 wires cut back in the small-gauge harness.

Can someone take a look at the pics below and let me know if I've got it right?

(The pics are rotated 90 degrees ccw for some reason.)

Thanks

TERMINALS
Click to view attachment

SIDE VIEW
Click to view attachment
Tom
Rich,
Yep, looks like you got it right!
Tom
IronHillRestorations
Yea, that looks right to me. Get a new boot for the wires though, they aren't too expensive and will help keep the road grime off.
rwilner
Thanks guys. Are the wires hat are cut off for the reverse switch?
Tom
I think so. Mine has an additional two wires that do go to the reverse switch. I always play it safe when I've done things like this and leave the negative battery terminal untightened - just pushed on snug, just in case. After testing, then tighten it up.
Tom
underthetire
The smaller of the two battery leads looks bent over kinda close to the solenoid mounting screw. Might wanna double check it. If it touches, you will have a Chinese new year party going on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.