Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help needed with engine tin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
I'm trying to get the 2.0 tin back in place. The piece behind the alternator doesnt fit right and I have another part that I can't figure out what to do with

Anybody got a link to a good reference site the Haynes book isn't help and there a utube video bit it's not helping either
TheCabinetmaker
Post a few pics.
Sleepin
Which part?

IPB Image
PanelBilly
I can't figure out how to attach a photo using my phone and don't have Internet access for computer right now

I'll send a picture later
r_towle
The piece that goes on the alternator goes on first and end up behind the long front piece of two piece tin, and under the head tin.

Its held on by the long unique alternator pivot (head toward the front of the car) bolt and has a plastic ring that goes between the tin and the alternator.

Screws from the head tin go into that piece....also one from the front tin I think.

It the last piece off, first one on, how is that.
If you remove all the screws for the head tin and the front tin, you can wiggle it in and out from below when you need to change the alternator, so its not impossible.

Rich
r_towle
If the piece in question is the side piece on the cylinder, that is one of the first pieces that needs to be put in place.
That goes in before the head tin and before the front fan shroud....

Rich
PanelBilly
I'm finding everything fitting together now
Thanks
pete
Does anyone know what a complete set of 1.8 liter tins cost? I have a set which was carefully stripped, primed and repainted black. Decided to go the SBC route.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.