Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cellete Bench question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Can anyone rent the 356 fixtures?
Are they available in the USA?

Rick or Mark, I will pay you to rent two pieces and take some measurements for me..

Rich
rick 918-S
You know, When I was thinking about buying the Celette I contacted Celette US Corperate Headquarters. I asked what it took to rent fixtures. Asked if I needed to be registered or needed a credit check or what the restrictions are. The general sense of what I took away from the conversation is they didn't really care.

Here's what I suggest. Call them. Tell them you want to rent the fixtures. Tell them you have a first generation Celette. They should ship the fixtures directly to you if they are available. Also tell them you need a copy of the setup sheet like the one I'm posting.

See what happens. If they require anything special let me know and I'll call them. But it would make more sense for you to get them sent to you and you can get what need from them.

BTW: you will need to have a way to remove and reload a effin heavy crate from a delivery truck. It will cost you shipping both ways and daily rental cost of something like $ 60.00 per maybe more.

1142 North Main Street
Lombard, IL 60148-1362
(630) 396-6100
SirAndy
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 20 2011, 06:55 PM) *
BTW: you will need to have a way to remove and reload a effin heavy crate from a delivery truck.

agree.gif

You'll need a fork lift ... blink.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 20 2011, 09:55 PM) *

You know, When I was thinking about buying the Celette I contacted Celette US Corperate Headquarters. I asked what it took to rent fixtures. Asked if I needed to be registered or needed a credit check or what the restrictions are. The general sense of what I took away from the conversation is they didn't really care.

Here's what I suggest. Call them. Tell them you want to rent the fixtures. Tell them you have a first generation Celette. They should ship the fixtures directly to you if they are available. Also tell them you need a copy of the setup sheet like the one I'm posting.

See what happens. If they require anything special let me know and I'll call them. But it would make more sense for you to get them sent to you and you can get what need from them.

BTW: you will need to have a way to remove and reload a effin heavy crate from a delivery truck. It will cost you shipping both ways and daily rental cost of something like $ 60.00 per maybe more.

1142 North Main Street
Lombard, IL 60148-1362
(630) 396-6100

I will call, but I need you to bolt them to the bench and take measurements.
I dont need the whole set, just two pieces to get it right.

If its to hard, I may just make a huge set of calipers and measure up a real car.

rich
rick 918-S
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 20 2011, 09:51 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 20 2011, 09:55 PM) *

1142 North Main Street
Lombard, IL 60148-1362
(630) 396-6100

I will call, but I need you to bolt them to the bench and take measurements.
I dont need the whole set, just two pieces to get it right.

If its to hard, I may just make a huge set of calipers and measure up a real car.

rich

Oh, In that case maybe Mark can do it. My bench is buried in a corner behind two 914's and I can't get them out of the way until the snow is gone.

I also have no way to unload the truck. The last time I had a truck ship a crate I had it off loaded at a friends business where they have a fork lift the had him load it in my truck.

If the truck has a lift gate you can slide the crate out.

The fixtures are numbered and fairly easy to figure out.
McMark
The impression I got from the internet searching I did this week was that 356 fixtures are only owned by private individuals. But I'll be calling tomorrow and Tuesday (since they're probably closed tomorrow).
rick 918-S
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 20 2011, 10:17 PM) *

The impression I got from the internet searching I did this week was that 356 fixtures are only owned by private individuals. But I'll be calling tomorrow and Tuesday (since they're probably closed tomorrow).

Ya, I seem to remember something like that also but it's worth the call.
McMark
Just called and they do have a set of 356 fixtures. Rental is $65 per day, plus round trip shipping from Chicago to CA. Rental price does not include holidays or weekends, so scheduling them to arrive at the right time could be advantageous, although $65 per day is pretty cheap.

Apparently they used to be in Hayward which would have worked out great for me, but they moved their operation to Chicago. I should have a shipping quote later today.

From there, I could build a 'checking fixture' which you could hold up to a car, or bolt to a car in order to check some critical measurement.
r_towle
QUOTE(McMark @ Feb 21 2011, 01:18 PM) *

Just called and they do have a set of 356 fixtures. Rental is $65 per day, plus round trip shipping from Chicago to CA. Rental price does not include holidays or weekends, so scheduling them to arrive at the right time could be advantageous, although $65 per day is pretty cheap.

Apparently they used to be in Hayward which would have worked out great for me, but they moved their operation to Chicago. I should have a shipping quote later today.

From there, I could build a 'checking fixture' which you could hold up to a car, or bolt to a car in order to check some critical measurement.

I sent you a PM with a wall of text trying to decribe what I need.

We can chat on the phone for more details.

RIch
rick 918-S
Cool! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.