Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dog teeth remove/install help in Portland
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick_cv
Currently rebuilding my trans with the help of Dr Evils video. I am at the point where I need to swap out some dog teeth on a few gears. Anybody have the removal/installation tool in Portland and can help me out? I can pay, just don't want to buy a $100 tool I will probably use once.

Thanks.
Richard Casto
If you can't find anyone local consider buying the tool and then reselling here when done. Lets say you resold it for $20 than you bought it, I would be surprised if you couldn't resell it pretty quickly to someone else in your exact same position. Someone else might also be in your position and willing to sell you theirs at a discount as well.

Richard
Dr Evil
This shows a need for a tool rental program. I think that I may get a second set so that I can rent, cheaply, to those in need. Rick, PM me and lets ee if I can help you out if no one local has one to lend.
Jakeodoule
Are you talking about the slider tool I made a bunch of?
If so I have one you can borrow, no problemo.
Or if you want your own, I still have two of them for sale at 30 bucks including shipping. 25 if you come pick it up.
JRust
I think he is talking about the tool that cups around the dogteeth. Then you punch it off the gear? This tool I think http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/smart/...32%29%2C%20Each . Hope thats the one he is talking about blink.gif
rick_cv
Yes, that is the tool I am looking for in JRust's post. I think I have it figured out. Gonna purchase one and pass it on to someone else who needs one also. Thanks for your help everybody.

Dr Evil
Rick, if you wan to sell it when you are done, I may be interested in buying so I can rent it out.
jaxdream
Doc , if you get the tool from rick_cv , I would be interested in renting tools from you in the future .I will be putting box back together at some pont this year .

Jack / Jaxdream
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.