Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A sad day yesterday.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hot_shoe914
Well, yesterday was a very sad day indeed. I lost my free additional parking next door as the house sold and I had to clear my cars out of the driveway. I am very limited on parking now and was forced to take my Bumble Bee and stuff her away all alone in a storage building. Poor girl loves to be driven and driven hard but now she just sits all alone in darkness. I contacted a couple of people to see if they wanted to be foster parents but had no luck. I know these cars would rather be driven than just sitting but my storage is in another town and not real convienient to get to with my schedule. I will try to get out to see her at least once a month and exercise her but I'm sure she is pretty pissed at me now. sad.gif
AndyB
My deepest sympathies Shoe. Such a sad sad dilema you are in. Hey you could always bring her way way up north for foster care biggrin.gif . We got snow last night yet again dry.gif
Dr Evil
That is sad, did the new owners of the house next door meet you first. So sad, they are going to be shocked poke.gif
poorsche914
Drop the Bee off at my house on your way to Hershey w00t.gif
She and my Creamsicle can hang out together.

driving.gif

type47
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Feb 21 2011, 07:20 AM) *

Drop the Bee off at my house on your way to Hershey w00t.gif
She and my Creamsicle can hang out together.

driving.gif

What would be the offspring, the new baby Boxster? happy11.gif
JRust
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 21 2011, 04:22 AM) *

Well, yesterday was a very sad day indeed. I lost my free additional parking next door as the house sold and I had to clear my cars out of the driveway. I am very limited on parking now and was forced to take my Bumble Bee and stuff her away all alone in a storage building. Poor girl loves to be driven and driven hard but now she just sits all alone in darkness. I contacted a couple of people to see if they wanted to be foster parents but had no luck. I know these cars would rather be driven than just sitting but my storage is in another town and not real convienient to get to with my schedule. I will try to get out to see her at least once a month and exercise her but I'm sure she is pretty pissed at me now. sad.gif

Drive it out for WCR & leave it at my place. You can fly out once a year to drive it for WCR. I'll take it out once a week no problem. I know what you all are going to say. I am way to kind. What can I say " I am giver" happy11.gif
BMXerror
I'm fostering my sister's Audi TT 3.2 Quatro for the winter. It's not easy, but I do what I can... Oh, wait. I think it's about time I took her out for some exercise. happy11.gif
Mark D.
Tom_T
Shoe,

If you have room on your lot & the town allows it, look into one of those prefab metal or wood shed kits, that you can build yourself on a slab, & access off your driveway. That way you can hopefully build one big enough to store both the Bee & your parts stash, as well as whatever your wife insists on going in there!

I did a 10x17 Arrow metal shed (has 8' w. dbl. doors on one end) for about $1200 for parts, biz & household stuff (limited size by city) & my son & I built it in a week or so, plus cost/time for a framed raised wood floor since it's not an extra garage at additional cost (about $1600 all in - your slab cost might be less). It's not insulated due to SoCal climate, but they can be insulated, and come in various widths & lengths depending on what you want & size allowed. Same with the wood framed kits.

Look online, pick what you want (& what the wife will "approve of"), then Google by that type for best price supplier cuz they vary vastly plus some are free shipping offers too (wood kits are 2x - 3x more but look better). I found mine $300 off + free shipping (about $80-90 savings).

Don't know what your storage space costs, but we saved $75/mo. on my wife's parents' stuff stored in Little Rock that's in part of that shed now, & I had 1/2 my garage filled with daughter's & wife's & my biz stuff - both of which would've cost me $100-150 locally in SoCal to store off-site. So I figure it's paid for itself since we built it in Summer of 2009! smile.gif
hot_shoe914
Yes Doc, they have met me so there is a chance the house will stay vacant and I can keep the parking.
She is smoking hot though and so is the one on the other side of them. Those guys better keep an eye on their ladies.

Steve- if I dropped her off out there you'd never get the creamsicle going.

Tom, I would build a shop in the backyard in a heartbeat but unfortunately I can get a car back there without tearing down the neighbors fence, which I have mentioned to him on more than one occaision. I have considered selling and moving but with the economy right now I guess I am staying put. As for the wife, I had one for awhile but her husband finally came and got her and took her back home. She still calls sometimes.
EdwardBlume
Sorry Shoe... hang in there. You'll figure it out. Get rid of the RV + boat. You could always sell your LE to a friend... idea.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 21 2011, 09:28 PM) *

Sorry Shoe... hang in there. You'll figure it out. Get rid of the RV + boat. You could always sell your LE to a friend... idea.gif

WTF.gif I could never sell Delilah wub.gif! I promised the po that I would keep her forever and I will. However, I have been known to loan her out for months at a time just to make sure she stays lubed and happy. sunglasses.gif
chuckc
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 21 2011, 08:22 AM) *

That just stinks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.