Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Stainless heat exchangers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete
I have a set of used stainless heat exchangers I want to list on ebay. I bought them for my 1.8 but was wondering if they would fit other engines. How do you post pictures on this forum? Asking for a URL.
type47
If your set has been correctly identified as 1.8's, then they also fit 1.7's. 2.0 HE are more straight at the muffler end; 1.7 and 1.8's curve upward at the muffler end.
I add attachments by Browsing the File Attachments below left.
pete
QUOTE(type47 @ Feb 21 2011, 10:45 AM) *

If your set has been correctly identified as 1.8's, then they also fit 1.7's. 2.0 HE are more straight at the muffler end; 1.7 and 1.8's curve upward at the muffler end.
I add attachments by Browsing the File Attachments below left.

Thanks. I would like to post a pic but can't seem to. When I click to "insert image" it requests a URL. When retrieving pics from my hard drive there's no URL. (that I can see)
GaroldShaffer
Follow this link on how to add pictures CLICK HERE
pete
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Feb 21 2011, 11:17 AM) *

Follow this link on how to add pictures CLICK HERE

Thanks Garold!
silver74insocal
how much u want for them? smile.gif
pete
QUOTE(silver74insocal @ Feb 21 2011, 02:21 PM) *

how much u want for them? smile.gif

I was hoping $150
Black22
I'd be interested, pending pictures. That is unless Sliver74insocal has dibs for his price inquiry. popcorn[1].gif
Loser_Cruiser
whats the average going rate on these lately? I see 150 here and 600 in the classifieds.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Loser_Cruiser @ Feb 23 2011, 04:30 AM) *

whats the average going rate on these lately? I see 150 here and 600 in the classifieds.

It's all in the condition. $ 600.00 seem to be the asking point at the top of the scale for a used set. Whether you get that or not depends entirely on the condition. Any dents in the outer jacket can cause problems and a rapid reduction in value. As can any dents in the tubes specially around the flanges. Greasy, burnt oil filled H.E.'s are not worth nearly as much as a pristin set that have low miles and no dents. So, It's really up to the seller and buyer to get to a place where both are comfortable. $ 600.00 is not the price point but a high bar.

I wonder if Jeff Bowlsby tracks the sale of SS HE's like he does LE's. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.