Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Muffler IDing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
clow
Hello, just wonder what I have for mufflers.

The only markings I found are shown. Is there another place I should look for stamping? Any idea on what they will fit? The top label is for the top muffler in the middle picture. Last label is for the bottom muffler in the middle picture.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks in advance,

Clow
SLITS
An image of the flange (inlet) would be helpful, but my guess is a 1.7/1.8 due to the lack of down sweep of the inlet flanges.

And maybe could be a type 2 (Bus muffler).

Next .........................
clow
Thanks for the quick reply!

Here is one.
Click to view attachment

Clow
McMark
Nah, bus muffler comes out the other side. I don't have gaskets handy to compare with that one. But if I remember at the shop tomorrow (and it's still not solved) I'll look.
Dave_Darling
The inlets are not at the bottom, so it's not a 2.0 muffler.

The bolt-on tailpipe on the end is not like an early 1.7 muffler; I recall those having an outlet that is on the side but that bolts on near the middle of the muffler.

Looks a lot like the 1974-only 1.8 muffler from the factory manuals, as also shown in the Pelican parts diagrams:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/parts/engi...ffler_large.htm

Leistritz was one of the OEMs for the mufflers, I think. Not sure about the top label.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.