Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: reposting hoping for help with more info....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
livinglobotomy
after reading for hours and trying all the remedies, I am still at a loss.

Situation is:

Symptoms: Mostl lights work with the exception of the emergency flashers, right side turn indicators and brake lights. ALL parking lights work (including right side.) All lights work appropriately when headlights are up or down (including right.)

When flasher is pulled, rapid clicking at relay occurs and turn signals and emergency flashers do not work. When right turn signal is on, rapid clicking at relay occurs and turn signals and flashers do not work. Pulling parking brake on or off has no effect on above.

Attempts: 1. All fuses were checked and replaced as a precaution. 2. All sockets were cleaned and all copper was pulled up for more positive seat on all bulbs. 3. All bulbs were replaced with all proper bulbs in proper places and checked and rechecked. 4. All wires to all lights were removed and reattached CORRECTLY per appropriate diagrams as seen on 914world AND pelican parts diagrams and checked and rechecked. 5. Reset button was pushed on master cylinder. 6. Two new relays were purchased (problem exists with either installed.) 7. Turn signal lever assembly was replaced at steering column. 8. Brake light switch at pedals was inspected and cleaned. 9. Parking brake switch was cleaned and inspected. 10. hazard switch was replaced.

turn signal switch assembly and flasher switch were known good from another car.

What am I missing?
McMark
The flasher is a thermal flasher. So when there are bulbs in the circuit the bimetallic strip heats up nice and slow and you get a nice slow flash. But if one of the wires doesn't have enough resistance, then it'll heat up really fast because there's more power flowing.

If I were chasing this problem. I'd be looking at the wiring to the turn signal lights. I'd pull the turn signal bulbs and check resistance to ground on the positive side of the bulb holder. Those wires should have a relatively high resistance. If any of them are zero, that's your problem circuit.
904svo
I suggest you check your grounds connection in the trunk. The brake lights should come on when you depress the pedal, check the black/yellow wire for battery on the stop light if battery is there then check your ground connection. Turn on the key first to do this test.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.