Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2 new additions for WCC trip
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
Slight problem! PO installed air horns so I relocated them to the trunk. I used to scare people anyway

Dave
DNHunt
Finished, goin for a stealth look
DNHunt
Need to find a place for this
DNHunt
This spot is good for me, close and easy to get to. It does limit seat travel forward a little bit
DNHunt
Finished
DNHunt
Interestingly, I had to remove the brown wire which I thought was a ground from the fog light switch. It must be grounding through the switch

Dave
Demick
The brown wire simply supplies the ground for the bulb inside of the switch itself.

Demick
Porsche Rescue
Dave, how about sharing the source of that Halon extinguisher? I have been looking for one. They are pretty spendy so I have been considering an old fashioned ABC. Tell me you found a bargain.
campbellcj
The 2.5# Halon bottles are now over $100 from what I have seen. If anybody has them cheaper then I too would like to know.

I have a 5# in my teener now as I needed a 10BC rating (IIRC) which the 2.5 pounders do not meet.

On the cars with a center tray (or 3rd "seat" LOL) between the seats, I found on my previous teener that a 2.5# bottle fit perfectly in there, with the lid/cushion removed. Easily reachable by driver or passenger, too.
DNHunt
Jim

Hundred bucks plus our govenor.

Place in Milton, Wa First Stop Fire & Safety (253) 896-5117. They said Halon being replace with an environmentally safe stuff.

Demick

The bulb is on in the swiitch but it's awfully bright. When I had the ground on it fried fuse 8 twice so something isn't right. I'll have to work on it.

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.