Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are these shocks worth?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jonferns
Have these two Bilstein shocks sitting in my attic. Can someone tell me what I have, and also what they are worth for the pair? The bodies are in good shape, not sure what kind of springs are on them but they are covered in undercoating. Thanks!

Click to view attachment
DanT
older Bilstein sports....nothing particularly special...
probably not worth too much in current condition... smile.gif
Eric_Shea
If'n I'm seeing this properly, the lower shock mounting bolts may be worth as much as the shocks.

Billy's uaually hold up well. I'd soda blast them and re-squirt them. Those and the springs. You'd get about $150.00 for the pair if they were presentable and in good working order.

(seriously, hard to tell but the shock mounting bolts look like the ball style for a sway bar... about $30 plus each)
jonferns
Eric, here's a better shot of the bolt, is that what it is? Doesn't look like the sway bar type bolt.

Click to view attachment

I'll probably wind up blasting them this weekend and painting them, and then maybe install them on my car to compare them to my koni's. bye1.gif
Eric_Shea
Nope... not what I throught it was. From the picture above I thought it had a ball end. E.G.

Click to view attachment

Sounds like a good plan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.