Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dumb D-Jet question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
Okay, after dealing with my whole car not shutting off issues, I started to do some harness overhaul. This involved the removal of my ignition harness and injection harness. I ended up replacing about 10 feet of crappy wiring (repaired right with solder and shrinkwrap..) in my ignition harness and the repair of a handful of cracked wires on my injection harness. Put it all back together... now she won't start. Fanfuckingtastic. One thing I noticed on the d-jet harness is that on most of the plugs, they can go into the female receptacle either way. Does it matter which way they go in? Especially on the distributor, tps and mps? They slide in relatively easily both ways... dry.gif
larss
It does not matter which way the injector plugs goes in but I thougt, without having the possibility to try my own plugs right now, that TPS and MPS were only possible to fit one way since it should matter if they were fitted the wrong way.

/Lars S
76-914
agree.gif if it matters then the plug will only fit one way. If it doesn't then it doesn't matter. See Jeff Bowsley's link. http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/TechNotebook.htm
JeffBowlsby
Most of the D-Jet connectors are symmetrically wired or non-sexed...it does not matter which way they are installed.

The TPS however can only be stalled correctly one way, and the wires have to be in their correct cavities. Same for the connections at the ECU and relay board.

Be sure your circuitry is correct and that the correct wires are in their correct cavities. Easy to do a continuity test to verify.

FI grounds hooked up correctly?
TheCabinetmaker
Make sure the 16 pin connector on the relay board is not pluged in one pin off.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.