Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bumblebee Progress Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Daiberl
Hi,

I thought I post an update thread on my Bumblebee restoration. A few might remember that I found the car on Craigslist in June 2009, the car was in storage for 20 years. Jerry Mahoney (jmmotorsports) painted the car and now everything is back together. Still some work left and I haven't started the engine yet but that will come in the next weeks. Thanks to all you gave guidance and sold/gave me the needed parts!!

- Juergen
Daiberl
And a few more pictures.
Daiberl
And more
Daiberl
JRust
Looking great! Nice door panels you got there drooley.gif . You not putting the Porsche stripe on the side? Or you just haven't yet? Can't wait to see you drive it down for WCR driving.gif
PeeGreen 914
Very sharp beerchug.gif Jerry does some very nice work aktion035.gif
Daiberl
Porsche stripe will come, I first want to bring the car to Jerry for buffing out a few scratches and do some wet sanding. The door panels look OK, they are the original ones, luckily without any speaker holes. Seats are upholstered by me and I put heated seats in, just have to wire them.
JRust
I was thinking I brought you door panels. It was the backpad right? I'm losing it but it does look great Juergen beerchug.gif
Daiberl
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 23 2011, 03:53 PM) *

I was thinking I brought you door panels. It was the backpad right? I'm losing it but it does look great Juergen beerchug.gif

Correct, backpad biggrin.gif And a few other things like license plate lights, rubber stops for hood, ...
JeffBowlsby
Looks Great Juergen thumb3d.gif

This is what he started with...

PS, I just noticed your original Gateway Dealership license plate frame. I am collecting pictures of original 914 dealer frames...can you email me a a good photo of your frame? Thanks,
Daiberl
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 23 2011, 04:06 PM) *

Looks Great Juergen thumb3d.gif

This is what he started with...

PS, I just noticed your original Gateway Dealership license plate frame. I am collecting pictures of original 914 dealer frames...can you email me a a good photo of your frame? Thanks,

I can send you the original size picture, the license plate frame was broken so I thnik I threw it away.
quadracerx
Looks great....nice work...

Steve
PanelBilly
Hurry up and finish that baby, so you can gave a "birth"day party.
Daiberl
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Feb 23 2011, 05:34 PM) *

Hurry up and finish that baby, so you can gave a "birth"day party.

I hurry up, this evening I will work on some electrical gremlins and I have the Engman Fuse Pannel to install. Looking forward to see the Bumblebee togehter with your Creamsicle smile.gif
914werke
Very Nice!!!
arkitect
I love the bumblebee look, good job on it. Always loved black cars.

Dave w00t.gif

nsr-jamie
Excellent car!! Love it...many many years I had a chance to get a bumble bee for cheap and passed it up which I now regret.
rwilner
dude your car looks awesome.
Rex-n-effect
I worked at Gateway back in the day. I wonder if that is one of the cars that i took up I-84 at 100 mph+.
Car looks great!!!!!
AZ914
Nice!!
Root_Werks
Wow that turned out nice!
euro911
Nice ...

I just had a strange thought ... idea.gif ...

If I paint the bumpers, valances and wheels red, would it be called a Black Widow? happy11.gif

Click to view attachment
Daiberl
Short update: The car runs!!!! After working out some wiring issues the car started and I drove it around our street. I need to do some adjustment, timing I think mainly, but IT RUNS aktion035.gif
One problem I have is that when I use the turn signal the idle does not stay, the car nearly stalls. Any idea what it can be?

- Juergen
cary
Gateway Porsche Audi. That's were my Porsche dream began. I'd drive the 10 blocks from my house to watch them unload the transporter. I can remember a load of 914's that had a couple LE's. One of them being a Creamsicle.
KELTY360
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Apr 9 2011, 08:49 PM) *

Short update: The car runs!!!! After working out some wiring issues the car started and I drove it around our street. I need to do some adjustment, timing I think mainly, but IT RUNS aktion035.gif
One problem I have is that when I use the turn signal the idle does not stay, the car nearly stalls. Any idea what it can be?

- Juergen

smilie_pokal.gif

So Juergen, are you going to retire those jackstands now?
Daiberl
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Apr 9 2011, 10:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Daiberl @ Apr 9 2011, 08:49 PM) *

- Juergen

smilie_pokal.gif

So Juergen, are you going to retire those jackstands now?

Hell no, what would I do with a 914 without jackstands biggrin.gif I still plan to build another transmission at Dr. Evils clinic and I also have a few things which I have to do again or better so the list of winter projects is long. But I will try to take the car to the Porsche meet on May 1st at Triple X.
PanelBilly
The turn signal causes it to stall? That's an odd one. I think a Tuesday party needs to be scheduled. If you like, I'll clean up the shop in Auburn and you can have it there. That way I can get some help on putting all the little parts back on my engine too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.