Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Classic Porsche UK Magazine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GTPatrick
Folks , found this UK magazine at B&N the other day called Classic Porsche from the 911 & Porsche World magazine guys .

There is an excellent article on a 914/6 GT ownde by some Swiss dude who raced it in the very late 60's , early 70's . It has been since restored to it's former configuration and yellow colors .

There was an interesting photo of the trunk area which showed the anti roll bar in it with the connecting rods going thru the trunk floor to the suspensions arms . Seemed to be an unusual setup but was simple in its nature .

Y'all might want to check it out if you can . Maybe some of our UK or fellow European members may want to chime in on this one too .

Party on aktion035.gif

GTPatrick smoke.gif
tscrihfield
QUOTE(GTPatrick @ Feb 24 2011, 02:12 PM) *

Folks , found this UK magazine at B&N the other day called Classic Porsche from the 911 & Porsche World magazine guys .

There is an excellent article on a 914/6 GT ownde by some Swiss dude who raced it in the very late 60's , early 70's . It has been since restored to it's former configuration and yellow colors .

There was an interesting photo of the trunk area which showed the anti roll bar in it with the connecting rods going thru the trunk floor to the suspensions arms . Seemed to be an unusual setup but was simple in its nature .

Y'all might want to check it out if you can . Maybe some of our UK or fellow European members may want to chime in on this one too .

Party on aktion035.gif

GTPatrick smoke.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...f=2&t=42325

Check out this link... Are you referring to this car? This sounds about right on to what you mentioned. It has many date specific characteristics. However, I dont think it has been determined whether or not it is a true GT... yet. It is a very nice car though!

Thomas
GTPatrick
Thomas , the article was quite specific about the Swiss dude buying the GT from Porsche and it being one of the original GT's . He drove it for a few years then sold it to another driver. Apparently this guy had driven race cars in the 50's and maybe late 40's . Was retired for a while and came back to racing sometime in his early 40's back in the mid 1960's .

The article said - The Porshce racing department eventually built 12 cars for the factory's own use and a further 47 cars under the M471 option , . . . . . The 915/6 GT LeMans success would have been reassuring news for wealthy Swiss privateer , Ernst Seiler , as he had just ordered of one of the first customer' 914/6 GT's ,. chassis number 914 043 0181 . . . . . That is how he got it so it must be one of the original , I'm guessing here , M471 cars . May have been one of the factory own gt's but sold as a used model .

The magazine , which may come out as a quarterly issue , went on to further talk about its history and rebirth over there in Europe . Rather neat reading . Wish I had one . Very few 914's available here in the midsouth and most of them are real rust buckets .

Maybe this info will help you .
GTPatrick
Just checked out the article in 914world and on page 4 under the listing by years and vin number . For 1970 , second one down shows that same vin number going to Seiler in Switzerland . So that must be his , the names are the same and vin is the same .

Maybe osmeday Santa will leave one under my tree or in my driveway .
GTPatrick
disregard this particular reply . My bad .
Gustl
914.0.43.0181 biggrin.gif
Gustl
and this might be the article: Porsche Classics

I met the current owner (from GB) at the last Strähle Swap in Germany
nice guy

beerchug.gif Gustl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.