Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can someone do some hub measuring for me?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thenewwazoo
I've got to leave town soon, and can't take my teener apart, but need some measurements taken. If you've got a caliper, an axle, a wheel hub, and maybe a little bit of time, could you help?

I'm looking for the following:
  • the total height of a rear wheel hub, from rotor mounting face to the axle-side face (basically, from stem to stern)
  • the height of a rear wheel hub from the rotor mount face to the bearing interface (basically, how far the wheel hub extends out from the wheel bearing)
  • the length of the splined section inside the wheel hub
  • the distance from the axle end of the hub to where the splines start
  • the length of an axle stub from the wheel bearing face to the tip of where the axle nut threads on
Many thanks!
rick 918-S
I don't have a car that is apart that far. but here's a icon_bump.gif for ya. confused24.gif
stugray
I have all of those parts sitting on a bench right now & a set of calipers.

It will take me longer to take pictures of what I think you want than the measurements themselves.
Pester me over the weekend and I can do it, just not this late tonight.

Stu
thenewwazoo
Alright, well, I'm in China for work and weeks away from being able to wrench on my teener. Here's hoping I don't go insane!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.