Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMG
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Cambo
What the? huh.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...sQ5fAccessories
Jeffs9146
It says it came from a 70 914-6 but it has an adjustable passenger seat?? WTF.gif
krazykonrad
I think that dude stole those out of the Shaft-mobile.

Konrad
Woody
Maybe he likes to sheeplove.gif

Hope its nobody on here.
abnrdo
That would keep your posterior toasty on a cold mornin! Not so good for a warmer climate.
URY914
What happens when you spill your coffee?
Dr Evil
Not a good idea for seat covers. Your erection would interfere with the steering wheel. sheeplove.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(Woody @ Feb 24 2011, 06:47 PM) *

Maybe he likes to sheeplove.gif

Hope its nobody on here.

popcorn[1].gif
Dr Evil
No way, it is a member? You would think they would have a more realistic price on things if they are from here
scotty b
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Feb 24 2011, 07:22 PM) *

No way, it is a member? You would think they would have a more realistic price on things if they are from here

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

The seats are an anomoly. He went super anal with the beginnings of a resto of an original six. Tons of money tied up in replating and repainting small bits. All bagged and tagged. Check his other auctions for some of what is left. The car got high but didn't meet his reserve. Will make someone a damn nice car if it sold/sells
Dr Evil
Dang, too bad.
SirAndy
Hey, i used to have sheepskin covers! They're great ...
slap.gif

Mike Bellis
He's in Colorado. But his prices are waaayy toooo hiiigh!

rnellums
His add says great for winter and summer. Maybe he is in a different part of Colorado where its cold all summer, but where I am that would be un bear able.
carr914
He is a Member here and in New York

He went all Postal on me when I called him out for that he was trying to sell a 914-6 for over $40K that need Rust Fixed, Paint and the Motor rebuilt. He said I didn't have a clue what the parts were worth. Of course some of the expensive plating that he had done was wrong as well. He must have spent the rest of his money on these seats, which are the Freakin Ugliest things I have ever seen barf.gif

whatabout1
1 hour left and no bids. icon8.gif
AndyB
QUOTE(whatabout1 @ Feb 25 2011, 09:29 AM) *

1 hour left and no bids. icon8.gif

dry.gif shocker
Eric_Shea
No bids? confused24.gif

Shocking.
Mikey914
I know this guy, he really did spend a lot of time compiling parts and putting together the car. He's into it for way more than he can get for it. I know he has a bunch of extra parts that he replaced. I wonder if these may have been the seats that he got with the car. Either way, I feel sorry for him in that this project has not come together the way he had hoped and is just trying to get his money back in parts.

The up side is that he does have some good 6 parts, so if you do need anything you may want to ask.
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 25 2011, 08:55 AM) *

I know this guy, he really did spend a lot of time compiling parts and putting together the car. He's into it for way more than he can get for it. I know he has a bunch of extra parts that he replaced. I wonder if these may have been the seats that he got with the car. Either way, I feel sorry for him in that this project has not come together the way he had hoped and is just trying to get his money back in parts.

The up side is that he does have some good 6 parts, so if you do need anything you may want to ask.

Shoot, I sold my car for 1/3rd what I had into it. You can never expect to recapture what you put into a hobby car unless you simply plan on flipping the cars. With the odd things the guy was doing I am guessing he wasn't planning on flipping it confused24.gif
VaccaRabite
White sheepskins in the summer are way better then black vinyl in the summer.

I have a set of black sheepkins for my 914 that I am thinking about spiffing up and putting back in service to keep my legs from searing to the seat when left in the sun...

Zach
AndyB
There is nothing wrong with the covers if they are removable. Sewn in sheepskin well thats just wrong IMHO
tomeric914
He's close to New York City. Prices get exponentially higher as one gets closer to Gotham.
matteyp
Hahahahahaha ya know I can never figure out why people can make such screwball stuff and the try to sell it for 1000 dollars!!!! WTF.gif idiots is all I can say. I saw a guy who was selling an air dam on there awhile ago and the starting bid was 1200 bucks!!...don't get it all you can do is laugh sheeplove.gif
JRust
I exchanged an email with him. I just told him he should reword it as they are not 914-6 seats. He flipped at first saying he never said they were stock 914-6 seats. He just said they came out of a 914-6. I also said while I wish him the best his price was very high. I will email people occasionally when there price isn't realistic. Not to be a prick but to give them an idea what is a little more realistic. Most these cases the people have some insane idea of the value. I just try to get them in the frame of mind that is realistic. I do this to help them but it isn't always taken that way. Such is life though smile.gif

I did exchange a few emails after my initial one. Seems like a nice enough guy. He has had 3 original 914-6's supposedly. I think he has in general payed inflated prices for the things he has had done to them. In turn giving him the sense his parts are worth alot. I don't think he has prescribed to the general cheap ass moniker most teeners share happy11.gif . Get it as cheap as you can or wait until it is idea.gif
Woody
Apparently only 914world mods like sheepskin seat covers. evilgrin.gif

Ill go sit in the corner now.
carr914
The Seller has a Real nice Blue -6. I believe his Green is gone & his yellow one is For Sale.

Restorations very rarely pay-off, especially if done by Checkbook
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Woody @ Feb 25 2011, 04:01 PM) *

Apparently only 914world mods like sheepskin seat covers. evilgrin.gif

Ill go sit in the corner now.

Fuck man, you live in Texas, you should KNOW.

I grew up in Denton, TX. I HATED my moms V8 'cuda because the black vinyl seats would sear the skin off my thighs on a summer day.
I hate the stock seats in the 914. Black vinyl is a summer time crime. One of these days I will get around to making cloth inserts.

Zach
Woody
Lol yeah I have cloth in mine. Don't think I could do the sheepskin though. Id never live it down.
swl
seat covers suck because they move around. If you are going to do sheepskin this guy has it right - install it properly. I'm in total agreement with Zach. Summer is the time that these are great. Keeps air between the seat and your sweaty butt. They look like crap but are very functional. Lots of worn out seats out there. No reason you can't have one set for show and one for DDing.
bandjoey
$1400 for a steering wheel ???????????????

He must gave spent RETAIL for restoration on these parts but no way will he get those prices. sad.gif Too bad.

bandjoey
I has Sheep in my Beemer. Black leather in Texas didn't cut it but they were removable to clean. Very cool and comfortable at 100degrees.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.