Look a lot like the new Hoosier... not sure what the treadwear rating is

IPB Image

Here's a link: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...romCompare1=yes
J P Stein
Yes, but are they cheep?
ChrisReale
205-50-15 are $155
campbellcj
FWIW that's not actually a slick though, it's a DOT-R tire...
drew365
If they're slicks I can't afford the points to run them. It will put me in another class. Price is good. I think I've found a new secret weapon in a DOT tire. I'll know for sure after testing another set which will be complete May 16th. If you guys are good I might tell you about them. cool.gif
ChrisReale
Dot-R's is what I meant unsure.gif
Brett W
Posted on Apr 29 2004, 08:28 PM If they're slicks I can't afford the points to run them. It will put me in another class. Price is good. I think I've found a new secret weapon in a DOT tire. I'll know for sure after testing another set which will be complete May 16th. If you guys are good I might tell you about them.

If you are refferring to the new shit hot tire in SM and other classes they are supposedly the best cold but they get greasy when hot.

DOT-R means Department of Transportation certified street tire in a race compound. They stick like hell and wear like hell also.
drew365
No, I'm talking about a DOT tire by a major brand that no one I've talked to around here seems to know anything about. I ran a set this past weekend, and am going to use another at the next two events.
Ouch! Okay since you twisted my arm, I'm talking about Goodyear GS-CS. I really like how they felt at Willow Springs last weekend. After the second set I should know about life expectency but based on the first set that is not yet worn out they should last as long or longer than Hoosiers. I'll let you know.
Oh, and for JP, they aren't cheap but are only about $10 more per tire than Hoosier 04's.
J P Stein
Don't them Goodyears come stock on Z06s?
drew365
I doubt that they come stock on anything. Look just like the 04 Hoosier, no tread except two grooves. Stick like snot to your finger. laugh.gif
airsix
QUOTE(drew365 @ Apr 30 2004, 05:11 PM)
I doubt that they come stock on anything. Look just like the 04 Hoosier, no tread except two grooves. Stick like snot to your finger. laugh.gif

I don't know what a GS-CS is, but the GS-C comes on both the Z06 and the Cobra if'n I'm not mistaken.

-Ben M.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.