Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: S.F. Aids Ride BlastOff 914 style
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lagunero
Since one of the members here will be participating in such a huge event the Sunday we are all the S.F. Perhaps we can show him some support being somewhere down the road from the start? The start is early enough to make the Swapmeet. Whadda ya think? idea.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(lagunero9catorce @ Apr 29 2004, 09:25 PM)
Since one of the members here will be participating in such a huge event the Sunday we are all the S.F. Perhaps we can show him some support being somewhere down the road from the start? The start is early enough to make the Swapmeet. Whadda ya think? idea.gif

dunno, what exactly is the schedule?

driving.gif Andy
lagunero
I checked the website briefly and the cyclists have to be ready at 5:00 a.m.

I figured I'd mention this now and see if there was any interest. I'll look into the details tomorrow.
fiid
You guys are awesome... that would be really cool.

I still need sponsorship too, if there is anyone who didn't get in on the last thread - I am currently about half way towards actually being able to run the event. My average donations are between $50 and $75 thanks to the generosity of many people here already!

Thanks much for the support!

http://www.aidslifecycle.org/2113

Fiid.
lagunero
OK I got an email today. It's a tad too early to cover the distance and be there on time. I'm sure most of us will be zombies by Sunday but here's the schedule for the start of the ride. I don't think they'll pass thru Hayward.

The Opening Ceremony will be held at:

Negoesco Stadium at the University of San Francisco
Entrance on Parker Ave. between Golden Gate Ave. and Turk Blvd.

Cyclists should arrive between 5:00 and 5:30 am
Opening Ceremony will begin at 6:00 am, immediately followed by Ride Out.

Fiid, good luck to you!!
krk
QUOTE(fiid @ Apr 29 2004, 10:23 PM)
You guys are awesome... that would be really cool.

I still need sponsorship too, if there is anyone who didn't get in on the last thread - I am currently about half way towards actually being able to run the event. My average donations are between $50 and $75 thanks to the generosity of many people here already!

Thanks much for the support!

http://www.aidslifecycle.org/2113

Fiid.

fiid,

So... how much are you off by? That is, I'm not sure how all this works -- if you don't get enough sponsorship, you don't get to ride?

(I'm thinking -- you don't "get to ride"??? Hmm... if we all contrib enough, then you *have* to ride... heh)

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack anything -- just looking for a clue smile.gif

kim.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.