Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1/43 Scale 914 Pickup Model
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kansas 914
Well - you won't see this everyday. It is a resin model of a 914 Pickup truck. It took me 3 months to get one and before I posted here I wanted to see if it was a fluke - so I ordered another one directly from the maker in Italy. It took 2 months but I did get the 2nd one.

These are highly detailed with 5 lug Fuchs and real metal grille for the engine cover, Euro turnsignals and tailights. I do not plan to build mine and the 2nd one is for a friend.

They are a little expensive at €100 shipped but it I have never seen this before. Who knows - my next project just might be a pickup!

Here are a few pictures.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rhd914
HI, tell me more, where do you get them?
Geoff
URY914
The real deal........

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 25 2011, 02:41 PM) *

The real deal........

Yep - that one is my inspiration - love the flares!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(rhd914 @ Feb 25 2011, 02:41 PM) *

HI, tell me more, where do you get them?
Geoff

Hi Geoff,

The model maker is ABC Brianza in Italy - http://www.abcbrianza.com/
Kansas 914
Here is another view of the real deal - no flares though... I think the pickup is pretty well documented in other threads - but I started this one for the model I have never seen.

Paul - Do you know where the orange one is. I thought one of them ended up in Florida. Maybe another one is at Road Scholars?

Click to view attachment
Ferg
Yes, the red one is the 4cycl previously brown one, it left a collector here in CO and is now at Road Scholars.

Orange one was in Florida for resto, would love to know if it's completed and where it is now.

Ferg
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Feb 25 2011, 02:59 PM) *

Yes, the red one is the 4cycl previously brown one, it left a collector here in CO and is now at Road Scholars.

Orange one was in Florida for resto, would love to know if it's completed and where it is now.

Ferg

Hi Ferg,

I thought the Dr sold his in Colorado - didn't know it went to Road Scholars - very cool.

Still want to now about that Orange flared one - and what powerplant ended up in it......
carr914
The Orange one is at Gunnar's - I don't think it has changed since Paul saw it. It definately had a Six
Kansas 914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 25 2011, 03:38 PM) *

The Orange one is at Gunnar's - I don't think it has changed since Paul saw it. It definately had a Six

Thanks T.C.

It must have been the old brown one that had a /6 and 5 lugs...

Click to view attachment
Ferg
They were both brown

Kansas 914
QUOTE(Ferg @ Feb 25 2011, 03:52 PM) *

They were both brown

Yep!

The 4 lug was a 4 cylinder and the 5 lug was a 6 I think.

Here is another picture of the 5 lug with Fuchs -

Click to view attachment
RFoulds
Nice tiger stripe oak table too.

Eric_Shea
Wonder why the bad color mismatch on the orange car? confused24.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 25 2011, 04:28 PM) *

Wonder why the bad color mismatch on the orange car? confused24.gif

I wondered too - maybe the swinging panels are just a base coat and not cleared yet?
carr914
Maybe that's why they haven't put it back together yet confused24.gif
brant
when did the doctor sell the red one.
I didn't know it left.
bummer... ferg was going to own that someday and I was going to get a ride.

speed metal army
El Krautmino?Sorry...couldnt help myself... biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Very Cooooool!!!!! yikes.gif dance.gif monkeydance.gif assimilate.gif
tracks914
OMG now I can have a place to put my golf clubs. I have to build one of those.

Hummm, I wondernif I can make it a 4x4????
maf914
One source for the 1/43 scale 914 Pickup is Grand Prix Models in England. Check the following link for their 914 models and kits.

http://www.grandprixmodels.com/searchresul...cial=&back=

If the link doesn't work try the home link and search for Porsche 914 and Porsche 916.

http://www.grandprixmodels.com/

It appears from the listings that Minichamps intends to issue several new 914 and 916 die-cast models this year. There is a Bumblebee by Schuco for the LE fans. The kits by Mini Racing are pretty good. I have a few of these including the 916.

nsr-jamie
QUOTE(maf914 @ Feb 27 2011, 12:00 AM) *

It appears from the listings that Minichamps intends to issue several new 914 and 916 die-cast models this year. There is a Bumblebee by Schuco for the LE fans. The kits by Mini Racing are pretty good. I have a few of these including the 916.

Minichamps has been saying that for years now, I have been waiting since 2008 for them to release their 914/6 and 916 cars and they keep delaying them every few months by a couple more months for the last 3 to 4 years. They do make really nice cars. I wish Ebbro made 914 cars, that would be awesome !
nsr-jamie
Did Porsche ever make a 914 pick up truck? Maybe they should have like VW did with their rabbits. I used to love those old pick up trucks. I remember seeing a 914 pick up somewhere in an old issue of VW and Porsche magazine many many years ago (now known as European car)
Kansas 914
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Feb 26 2011, 09:11 AM) *

Did Porsche ever make a 914 pick up truck? Maybe they should have like VW did with their rabbits. I used to love those old pick up trucks. I remember seeing a 914 pick up somewhere in an old issue of VW and Porsche magazine many many years ago (now known as European car)

A Fabricator in Southern California made them as far as I know - Dick Troutman.

This might be the magazine you remember? It is the 4lug/4cyl version. I don't think I like those Opel GT tailights though....

Click to view attachment
nsr-jamie
Yes, I think that is it!! Wow !! That brings back some memories. I probably still have the old magazine in storage somewhere. Thank you for posting that...cool !!
Kansas 914
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Feb 26 2011, 09:40 AM) *

Yes, I think that is it!! Wow !! That brings back some memories. I probably still have the old magazine in storage somewhere. Thank you for posting that...cool !!

The /6 was also featured in Porsche Classics Magazine - not sure what year.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Feb 26 2011, 07:56 AM) *

You mean like this one? shades.gif

Click to view attachment

Sorry for the hi-jack but I couldn't resist!
Eric_Shea
I want one for Moab.
tracks914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 26 2011, 10:31 AM) *

QUOTE(tracks914 @ Feb 26 2011, 07:56 AM) *

Click to view attachment

AQh ......not quite. I think i can do better.
majkos
ahh, isn't this "Rasperry Red"?

Your's? blink.gif av-943.gif

Check out the fact it already has a roll bar!
Gint
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 26 2011, 11:31 AM) *

I can't continue the hijack. Stand by...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 25 2011, 03:34 PM) *

Well - you won't see this everyday. It is a resin model of a 914 Pickup truck. It took me 3 months to get one and before I posted here I wanted to see if it was a fluke - so I ordered another one directly from the maker in Italy. It took 2 months but I did get the 2nd one.

These are highly detailed with 5 lug Fuchs and real metal grille for the engine cover, Euro turnsignals and tailights. I do not plan to build mine and the 2nd one is for a friend.They are a little expensive at €100 shipped but it I have never seen this before. Who knows - my next project just might be a pickup!

Here are a few pictures.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I ment to post this a couple weeks ago but life got in the way. Special thanks to my Kansas914 buddy for getting this very cool resin model for me. This is one of the most detailed little cars I've seen. The trim and bright parts are actually metal. I'm not sure how I would properly assemble this truck. I would really need nothing on my plate and I would want to work under a lighted magnifying glass in order to keep the trim absolutely spot on and glue free on any outer surfaces. Very impressive little kit not for the novice.

The first thing I noticed is the high quality packaging.

Click to view attachment

rick 918-S
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 21 2011, 11:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Feb 25 2011, 03:34 PM) *

These are highly detailed with 5 lug Fuchs and real metal grille for the engine cover, Euro turnsignals and tailights. I do not plan to build mine and the 2nd one is for a friend.They are a little expensive at €100 shipped but it I have never seen this before. Who knows - my next project just might be a pickup!

Here are a few pictures.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I ment to post this a couple weeks ago but life got in the way. Special thanks to my Kansas914 buddy for getting this very cool resin model for me. This is one of the most detailed little cars I've seen. The trim and bright parts are actually metal. I'm not sure how I would properly assemble this truck. I would really need nothing on my plate and I would want to work under a lighted magnifying glass in order to keep the trim absolutely spot on and glue free on any outer surfaces. Very impressive little kit not for the novice.

The first thing I noticed is the high quality packaging.

Click to view attachment

Then the kit with fuch centers for the wheels and trim detail.

Click to view attachment
al weidman
QUOTE(tracks914 @ Feb 26 2011, 05:56 AM) *

Click to view attachment

Kansas 914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 21 2011, 11:27 PM) *

I meant to post this a couple weeks ago but life got in the way. Special thanks to my Kansas914 buddy for getting this very cool resin model for me. This is one of the most detailed little cars I've seen. The trim and bright parts are actually metal. I'm not sure how I would properly assemble this truck. I would really need nothing on my plate and I would want to work under a lighted magnifying glass in order to keep the trim absolutely spot on and glue free on any outer surfaces. Very impressive little kit not for the novice.

I know that if anyone can do this properly it would be you - certainly not me. Mine will stay unassembled but I can't wait to see your completed one day - in your spare time!
7TPorsh
I see some similarities...

Click to view attachment
Kansas 914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Mar 22 2011, 10:36 AM) *

Click to view attachment

BRILLIANT!

Rick - Are you thinking what I'm thinking??? idea.gif
URY914
917 Pickup?
jmill
The kit looks great. The only issue I have is the top. They kinda messed that one up thinking it didn't go all the way back.
racerbvd
I can't wait to see the finished project!!!
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Kansas 914 @ Mar 22 2011, 10:41 AM) *

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Mar 22 2011, 10:36 AM) *

Click to view attachment

BRILLIANT!

Rick - Are you thinking what I'm thinking??? idea.gif

shades.gif assimilate.gif
sixerdon
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 25 2011, 01:38 PM) *

Interesting that an article just came out in the 356 Registry magazine on "a visit to Gunnar Racing" in W. Palm Beach, FL. The article has a respectable mention of the Troutman car undergoing resto. It is now being referred to as a "914-6 T (for truck) and is so indicated on the rear tailgate under "914-6". The article mentions that Kevin Jeannette is trying to finish it for show at this years Parade in Savannah. Imagine, a 914 photo and story in the Registry magazine......
Don
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.