Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Hardware questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
A&PGirl
Hi all,

Yes, I am working on the hardware. smile.gif If you don't know what I'm doing please see: 914 Hardware. I have a several questions on the hardware since it Did Not Exist on my car or was Something Completely Different. My dad's car and the family car are a mishmash too. I've raided the locales and they don't have any of the hardware and some of it is available from Germany, but it would be about 3 weeks out at least. If you have original hardware I would be very interested in it. This will be updated frequently.

First Round!

Click to view attachment

(1) Red-Pelican says it a cheese head. Volkswagen says its a socket. What is it originally on our cars?

(2) Green-Is it a phillips or a common/slot drive? What is it originally?

(3) Blue-can someone take a picture of the top & bottom of the clip/nut?

(4) On the subject on inner door latches, the two bolts that hold it to the door, originally were they yellow plate or zinc clear?
914Sixer
6mm allen head screws cad plated. I will get pictures in the morning. Cable bracket holder is phillips head sheet metal screw.
A&PGirl
Thank you for the clarification. I'll be eagerly awaiting the pictures.
jimtab
check with URY914...he's forgotten more about the door latches that I've ever known....and he's a great guy.
A&PGirl
Second Round!

1) What is the length of the bolt that attaches the door to the body? Hint: There are (6) of them per door
914Sixer
Special bolt. How many do you need? Free, just pay shipping.
type47
While it won't answer questions about finish, the PET

http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/origi...USA_KATALOG.pdf

does answer questions about style, length and size of hardware.

For your door bolt question, PET figure 804-00 shows #54 111.899.145 hexagon-head bolt M 8 qty: 6
Jon Pletcher
They have a black (annondized?) lock washer and a plated flat washer. On a '74 in factory paint, soon to be blasted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.