Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Going to look at a 74 Ravenna Green 2.0 tomorrow
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ghuff
Getting ready to pack up my tools, and drive many hours to look at a 74 2.0

Need to head to the bank and get a certified check and pocket of cash in case. I am sort of dismayed my blue car is taking so long and I sold a few things. I am also selling my RHD syncro Golf.

Fingers crossed this pans out. I really want something clean and nice to drive around this year on nice days to work and etc.

My 75 is Pandora's box. I am not giving up but I realize it is going to take a while to get what i want out of it.
KELTY360
Good luck, hope the drive is worth it. driving.gif
speed metal army
Its adventure!I dig adventure...Hopefully its as kleen as youre looking for!Good Luck! beer.gif
rick 918-S
One of the best colors! At least you know what to look for. shades.gif
championgt1
Hope everything works out and you bring it home!
ghuff
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 25 2011, 08:03 PM) *

One of the best colors! At least you know what to look for. shades.gif

Oh boy do I! beer3.gif drunk.gif

I have made decent progress on the 75 I just suck at updating threads. I have been working a lot, getting rid of stuff and busy with life.

I am excited. But I fear the worst. The rockers have never been off as far as the owner knows. He has had it since 1997, and the previous owners kept it inside. It has been in a heated/cooled garage since 97. 105k on the car. That is a lot of time for dirt and moisture to take a toll. The battery is coming out, carpet is coming up, backpad is probably coming off. A magnet is coming for the journey to go over the body.

I may see if I can get the vinyl trim off.

I'm sure it will need suspension bushings, tie rods since the rubber is shot and the probably original grease is dried. It had shocks put on it in the early 2000's. I'm looking to avoid bodywork on something.
ghuff
Bust. It was in pretty decent shape, but it is basically where mine was minus the horrible bodywork.

mad.gif but also dry.gif

For the price I expected a little wear and tear but super clean. There was evidence of a previous front end hit, and one of the front forward control arm/torsion bar mounts was at a completely different angle from the other one. There was a ton of rust and welding rod stuck near it, it had factory a/c and the front trunk was cut with some awesome rot starting. Coincedentally right around the passenger control arm mount that was off angle. Looked like some sort of front end damage and rust. Surface on the battery tray, and in the hell hole it was about the same as my 75. Once you get that paint off you will be digging chunks of metal out.

speed metal army
Crap. sad.gif
rick 918-S
Nice to have some experience though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.