Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Neon signs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hot_shoe914
Okay, I am considering selling some of these if people want them. Neon Porsche signs with red neon. I am going to check and see how much trouble to choose your color of neon if possible. I am also working on design of a teener sign too. Maybe something that you will all like. Hopefully I will be able to get them done cheap enough that they will be affordable to us poor guys. The sign in the picture is approx 24" x 18". Once I see if there is going to be enough interest and then talk to the signmaker, I will be able to provide more info and have some idea of pricing.

Shoe
championgt1
Nice garage art!
rick 918-S

Nice sign. What range in price are we talking? I realize your probably working a deal yet so maybe your not ready to answer.

Check with the sign maker to see if that is officially licensed unsure.gif I here Porsche gets really nasty when stuff with their name and crest isn't. huh.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 25 2011, 10:38 PM) *

Nice sign. What range in price are we talking? I realize your probably working a deal yet so maybe your not ready to answer.

No Idea on price yet Rick as I haven't spoken with the man yet. The one in the picture is one that he did for my mechanic in exchange for some work. I plan to try and get more details next week. If I had to guess I would say 300 to 500 but I honestly have no clue. Could be cheaper, could be more than it is worth, but I will find out.

Check with the sign maker to see if that is officially licensed unsure.gif I here Porsche gets really nasty when stuff with their name and crest isn't. huh.gif

Just don't hang it on the outside of the shop and Porsche will never know. Hate to have to sick my lawyers on them for harrassment. lol-2.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 25 2011, 10:45 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 25 2011, 10:38 PM) *

No Idea on price yet Rick as I haven't spoken with the man yet. The one in the picture is one that he did for my mechanic in exchange for some work. I plan to try and get more details next week. If I had to guess I would say 300 to 500 but I honestly have no clue. Could be cheaper, could be more than it is worth, but I will find out.

Just don't hang it on the outside of the shop and Porsche will never know. Hate to have to sick my lawyers on them for harrassment. lol-2.gif

biggrin.gif
rfuerst911sc
I might be interested depending on price. It does look nice. I would think price and the ability to ship without the lighting tubes breaking is your biggest obstacles.
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Feb 26 2011, 05:02 AM) *

I might be interested depending on price. It does look nice. I would think price and the ability to ship without the lighting tubes breaking is your biggest obstacles.

Yeah, shipping is my biggest concern also. I am sure as a sign maker they can tell me how, or package it for me, to make sure they arrive safely but we shall see. I am waiting until the 914 design is finished before approaching them. That being said, if anyone has design ideas for a teener sign feel free to contribute. welder.gif

Shoe
Cairo94507
That would be very cool in the garage.
scotty b
dry.gifI hate you dry.gif

How about finding a VW sign with white neon around it ?

Maybe find a Buick sign with aqua neon around it ?

Maybe could also find a nice big Pegasus sign with red neon around it ?

A Ferarri sign with yellow neon?

A Mercedes sign with green noen ?

dry.gifI hate you dry.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 26 2011, 09:26 AM) *
...How about finding a VW sign with white neon around it ?...

How about blue and red neon? w00t.gif

Click to view attachment
Cap'n Krusty
That noise you don't hear yet is Porsche's lawyers about to hit you like a ton of bricks. Been there, suffered that, and I can tell you it's NOT a pleasant experience. Furthermore, if you ignore their first letter, it'll cost you money to even reply. Lots of money.

The Cap'n
montoya 73 2.0
I remember back in the late 80's when VW started to crack down on people using there insignia. It was ugly for awhile. Be careful shoe, i do like your idea and the design so far. I am interested also.
hot_shoe914
Here is another idea for the teener group.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Will see about getting custom color to match each persons car as close as possible.
Dr Evil
The top of the front wheel shouldnt be flattened smile.gif

Maybe there is a way that you can find a Porsche licensed shield of the right size that you can have people buy and place on a same size back board with neon around it?

My Mom used to work at a neon sign company. Neat stuff.
JRust
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 26 2011, 09:34 PM) *

Here is another idea for the teener group.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Will see about getting custom color to match each persons car as close as possible.

Unless it has jackstands it just own't work for me sad.gif
Mikey914
I would stear away from the name and logo, but the outline and number would be the way to go.
Jake Raby
I've been there with Porsche over a crest that was "confusingly similar" that I used for my engines.. It didn't share anything but the shape.

Their lawfirm went so far as to register on my private forums and registered to see a conceptual drawing that we were working on that was never posted anywhere else.. I then received the letters and the phone calls. For a good while I was talking to them once a month. They even made me surrender a domain name (356hotrod) because it had a term that was a trademark of a Porsche automobile that they hold.

I surrendered because I don't have time for that level of fight and lets just say that karma has been working out quite well for us after all of that.

Unless this is a licensed unit anyone that sells them or posts one in a commercial area is vulnerable to bullshit letters, phone calls and etc from a legal firm who is paid to bust people's balls. I took all my Porsche stuff down and burned it after that and replaced it with my own brand, not a single one exists in my facility now.

I would not doubt that they have a google alert set up for the terms "porsche+sign" and if they do this thread may already be on their radar...
poorsche914
Another way of doing the 914 number.

Top emulates OFF
Bottom emulates ON

Click to view attachment
VegasRacer

A neon 914 ? idea.gif

I think it could be done. first.gif
poorsche914
^

Very cool!
mepstein
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 27 2011, 06:54 PM) *

A neon 914 ? idea.gif

I think it could be done. first.gif

I like it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.