Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: rear brake rant
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 shifter
hello Eric, i am obviously an amateur, and now i am paying for it. i am having a problem with the hardware from my calipers. the bolts, and pins from my caliper halves do not appear correct for the ones you sent. it is possible the po owner/owners rebuilt the calipers with the wrong bolts, and pins. of course i did not notice this during disassembly. i also did not notice during assembly until to late. there are 2 long and 2 shorter bolts. i am confused i attached some pics. i have now fouled up the threads in the caliper you sent. in my ignorance i attempted to to attach the caliper halves using the shorter, and longer bolts in the shorter and longer threaded bores. at about 10-15 ft lbs. the one bolt, or threaded hole stripped. i turned over the caliper, and to my dismay observed the bolt was not near the end of the threaded bore. is it possible i sent you a pair of oddball calipers that mated to these bolts and pins. everything was going so well up until this last
easy part i am so pissed at myself. if you could i would appreciate your help.i hope you are not running out of patience with me. some of the things done to this car by po are f'n mind boggling. God help me!?, and you to Eric. Hank : 914 World FYI my car is a 1970 the calipers on the car were the later 2 bleeder type. i sent them to PMB, and they sent me another refurbished 2 bleeder set. i would appreciate any help with correct hardware. i hope i can tap the threads in the caliper hole i sheeplove.gif up. humbled Hank
914 shifter
another pic of brakes, and Mr.koko says those bolts are in all the way. they are not at the end of the threads. i assume the pins should protrude slightly when seated like the front pins.
SirAndy
SOT: I have nothing constructive to say about your brake problem but the lack of spaces between the dots and commas makes your post very hard to read ...
wacko.gif
914 shifter
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 26 2011, 04:21 PM) *

SOT: I have nothing constructive to say about your brake problem but the lack of spaces between the dots and commas makes your post very hard to read ...
wacko.gif

thank you beerchug.gif bootyshake.gif what is SOT?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 26 2011, 07:21 PM) *

wacko.gif

I too have nothing constructive to add but I must say Mr. Koko is very handsome.
He looks just like my first cat, Sonic. Sadly, Sonic was hit by a car at less than 2 years of age.
Here's to Mr. Koko and you sharing a long and happy life! beer.gif
914 shifter
QUOTE(esses62 @ Feb 26 2011, 05:21 PM) *

Hank,
From what I remember during my rebuild. The bolts and pins you have are correct. The shorter ones fit the inner caliper holes. The pins only go in one way you may have the one with the shoulders turned around or in the wrong set of holes. Your best best is to chase the threads on the bolt and retap the hole. If you need it I can see if I can hunt up some spare bolts and pins.

Cheers beer.gif

Scott

thank you Scott any help would be greatly appreciated. i would be happy to stop by and compare bolts/ pins. i am in jersey city just a few miles away. matter of fact i am working in S. I. all next wk.
Eric_Shea
Replied via mail as well.

Bolts and pins are correct. Your pins are actually in the proper spot.

Two Long - Middle Holes
Two Short - Outside Holes
914 shifter
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Feb 26 2011, 06:31 PM) *

Replied via mail as well.

Bolts and pins are correct. Your pins are actually in the proper spot.

Two Long - Middle Holes
Two Short - Outside Holes
well i'll be damned.i will pm you. thanks
Eric_Shea
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(914 shifter @ Feb 26 2011, 04:28 PM) *

So Off Topic

biggrin.gif
914 shifter
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 26 2011, 07:41 PM) *

QUOTE(914 shifter @ Feb 26 2011, 04:28 PM) *

So Off Topic

biggrin.gif

G F Y sheeplove.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(914 shifter @ Feb 26 2011, 07:44 PM) *
G F Y sheeplove.gif

L T W lol-2.gif
914 shifter
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 26 2011, 07:52 PM) *

G F Y sheeplove.gif

L T W lol-2.gif

you should try G A Y WORLD then maybe you would not be such a prick to half the people on this site av-943.gif but i will admit i needed those spaces between my "dots"
Haudiosolutions
agree.gif
QUOTE(914 shifter @ Feb 26 2011, 11:03 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 26 2011, 07:52 PM) *

G F Y sheeplove.gif

L T W lol-2.gif

you should try G A Y WORLD then maybe you would not be such a prick to half the people on this site av-943.gif but i will admit i needed those spaces between my "dots"

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.