Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Deleted.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Super90
Thank you
Tom_T
Sorry to see you leave the Teener world George!

Looks very nice drooley.gif - Good Luck!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Super90
Thank You
SirAndy
That looks like a very nice car!

Good luck with the sale ... bye1.gif
Super90
Thanks Andy, your opinion is highly valued. Regards, George

boxstr
Looks like an Oregon plate, who owned it from Oregon?
Craig
dlkawashima
QUOTE(boxstr @ Feb 27 2011, 04:04 PM) *

Looks like an Oregon plate, who owned it from Oregon?
Craig

Someone from Coquille ..... a Porsche enthusiast ..... who had a few other Porshces. I think the Oregon owner was moving and decided to thin the herd.

As I recall the car had original Fuchs that had the inset areas painted black by the first (California) owner. Looks like George has had them refinished back to the original (and MUCH better in my opinion) look.

The car looks very nice, especially considering it wears original paint. It looks like the car would do very well in a Preservation category competition. Good luck with sale George.
Super90
Thanks Dave
boxstr
Wow,George thanks George.
Ccl
Really Nice.... Can we see a shot of the engine compartment? How many miles,looks great in Factory Black.Haven't seen many factory black 914's.
Good Luck,914
Super90
Thanks.
Tom_T
Okay George - not to throw a monkey wrench in your plans - but you seem like a guy who would love to have your cake & eat it too! chowtime.gif

How about a coupla-grand for a lift & keep the 914 & Super 90!!?? confused24.gif
To wifey: Honest honey, it's better to keep them both cuz this clean a 914 will only go up in value if I keep it! biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
> I'm guessing that you have the interior head height to accommodate the lift & 2 cars, but may need the garage door guys (or you) redo the track to clear up.

Click to view attachment
We measured Jeff Bowlsby's lift to beam clear height (above) & it was only 11' IIRC.

There are many lift mfgrs. out there with various weight capacities & pricing (Hemmings Sports & Exotics & Classic Cars have many ads for them), and the height you'll need will vary a bit, based on the ht. of the 2 cars, frame depth for the lift ramps/etc., ht. of posts, clearance you want between tops of cars & ramp & ceiling/beams/rafters, etc. - and assuming they are not set stop ht. lifts, but rather allow you to lift to your desired ht. They also make 2-wide lifts to accommodate 4 cars in a 2-car width garage, or you can buy 2 singles.

Whatcha think George?
shades.gif
Tom_T
Prospective buyers - a couple of unique things of note on this 74 914-2.0 ......

Original Dunlop SP57 at spare:
IPB Image

Early 74 MY (9/73 at VIN) with 73 MY carry-over part - Early wide-red-band OT gauge at Center Console, as well as original 74 Porsche or dealer supplied radio (I can't tell make):
IPB Image
- Dang! If that steering wheel was only cranked about 30 degrees to right, then we could read the odometer! sad.gif

Sooo Bitchen to see unique stuff like this on a survivor 914! smile.gif

I was also surprised to see how much the price was up for the 74 2.0 from the early 73 MY 2Ls "914S" with full Appearance & Sport Group options included for $5199 (IIRC Black & Metallic 914 paints only added $150 in 73 MY). This is now $7394.50 without the Performance/Sport Group's Sway Bars (it has the Fuchs 2L alloys, H4 Headlights weren't allowed by DOT in the USA back then). shades.gif

IIRC the Perf. Group was $500-600 in 74 MY - so this is maybe $7500 price to compare a non-black 73 "914S" 2L to a 74 2.0 - almost a 150% price hike in one year! Can you imagine Porsche today raising the Boxster/Cayman from $60k+ to almost $100k or a 911 from $100k to $150k+ !!!??? blink.gif

Is it any wonder that sales rapidly tailed off from 73, with the base price of a fully loaded 2.0 going from $5199 POE West/$5099 POE East - to $6150 stripped POE West for this one - up to $7500 or $8500 +/- by 76 MY !!?? confused24.gif

The more pix I see of this 914, the more of a "Steal" this price seems (pending a PPI of course), and George has done a lot to clean up the wheels (I agree on the silver wheels on a Black 914 especially) & other aspect of this 914, as well as to find himself an clean & excellent example!
popcorn[1].gif
dlkawashima
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 28 2011, 11:27 AM) *

- Dang! If that steering wheel was only cranked about 30 degrees to right, then we could read the odometer! sad.gif

IIRC, the Oregon owner put the car up for sale with about 75,000 miles on it, give or take a few thousand. I suspect that George has not put too many more miles on it. How do I know this? Because I was very interested in purchasing the car but George beat me to it!
flipb
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 28 2011, 02:27 PM) *

Early 74 MY (9/73 at VIN) with 73 MY carry-over part - Early wide-red-band OT gauge at Center Console, as well as original 74 Porsche or dealer supplied radio (I can't tell make):
IPB Image

My '74 was assembled in 8/73, VIN 00862, and also has the wide-red-band Oil Temp Gauge. Never knew that was a carryover part from '73. In return for that piece of information, free icon_bump.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(dlkawashima @ Feb 28 2011, 01:06 PM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 28 2011, 11:27 AM) *

IIRC, the Oregon owner put the car up for sale with about 75,000 miles on it, give or take a few thousand. I suspect that George has not put too many more miles on it. How do I know this? Because I was very interested in purchasing the car but George beat me to it!

Well Dave, now's your chance! biggrin.gif

You may have to invest in one of those lifts though! laugh.gif

I'd love to put on in my tiny 18' x 17.5 1921 garage, but I only have about 7.5' head height clear, and would need to literally raise the roof to fit one in! sad.gif
.... which I may just figger a way to do it! biggrin.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(flipb @ Feb 28 2011, 01:35 PM) *

My '74 was assembled in 8/73, VIN 00862, and also has the wide-red-band Oil Temp Gauge. Never knew that was a carryover part from '73. In return for that piece of information, free icon_bump.gif

This was common in all MYs at the changeover early production, but most notorious in early 73 - what with the oddity of the black vinyl applied to the A-pillars & windscreen frame as well as to the sails/rollbar on the earliest 1102 or so.

My early 73 2L/"914S" is VIN...1954 & built 8 days after #1102, so I'll have to check for A-pillar vinyl evidence prior to the 3-4 repaints, but it does have the late 2-bleeder front calipers with early 1-bleeder rear calipers, and the "lightweight" early-late doors - with the late windows & regulators, but lacking the internal side impact beam ~ as some of the carry-over items that I've found. I also think it had the chrome center hubs on the window cranks & chromed inside door handle surrounds originally - before the OO/PO changed them to the later black plastic ones.
Super90
Folks, sorry for deleting all the pics and discussion. I think you are a great community of fellows and were very observant and supportive of my sale. I could not find how to delete the post and requested the moderator delete, but nothing has happened.

1. The car is sold & paid for.
2. I continue to get mail asking if I would sell the car to the person inquring for more money. NO! Shame on you for asking.
3. I have gotten some mail, mostly from dealers I suspect, complaining I have sold the car too cheaply and have personally driven down the market with this sale. To that I say BALONEY. I offered the car to enthusiasts at what I though was an enthusiasts price.

If any of you would like some of the pictures for authenticty validation of 914 items. please contact me & I will happily send you pics I may have.

Thank you all.
Regards,
George
George,
Any shots of the the engine compartment would be nice.
Good luck on the sale..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.