Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rubber engine lid tie downs, where to buy?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
I used to get them from the local bug shop...now closed. Anyone got a source?
Jeroen
I think Pegasus has them (as most racer shops have)
If you have to pay more than $15 you're being screwed biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
ArtechnikA
i got mine from GT Racing 'cause it was easy to have 'em tossed into the box at the same time as my decklid and bumper. they're lots cheaper at Pegasus, which is getting an order from me later today, in fact...
RON S.
I got some from Pegasus last year for my car.
They are made by Southco.Can't remember what I paid,but I think it was about $5.00 a piece.
McMaster-Carr has the same thing in their catalog.
Catalog #110 on page 2793 in the lower right corner.
If ya got an older cat,their listed under "rubber draw latches".
They have several sizes available,between 5-10 bucks each.
Ron
TimT
agree.gif I was going to mention McMaster-Carr also.. they have em
Joe Bob
Thanks...should have thought of Pegasus myself. They seem to be the only ones with stainless attachments. beerchug.gif

Quick question....on page 86 they have both the rubber models and the all stainless toggle latches....what would YOU guys use to snug down rear deck lids?
campbellcj
I used the Pegasus rubber latches. The stainless toggles are very nice as well but are really made for recessed mounts for composite body panels on formula & prototype car kind of stuff. (i.e. like where the entire front/back end comes off in one piece). I am not sure they would function or look right for a p-car lid esp since the two ends would not be in the same "plane" (flat).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.