Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nor Cal Spotted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Michael N
Spotted a 914 in my rear view window today while in Sunnyvale for my kid's swim lessons. Did a loop into the gas station for picture. Nice looking and sounding car.
I sure do need to clean my windsheild as this 914 is clean, clean, clean.

Click to view attachment
ScooterD
Michael,
A friend of mine who lives a couple of miles away from me bought this car at the end of the summer. It is all original and has only 14k miles on it. The car looks brand new. Another example of a well preserved garage kept 914.
Scott
SirAndy
QUOTE(ScooterD @ Feb 27 2011, 04:54 PM) *
and has only 14k miles on it

w00t.gif
Michael N
Wow only 14K miles. Today it got a few more and was probably better for it. It was funny when I took he photo of the car the driver was definately caught off guard.

Scott how do you find all these low mile cars? I am going to have you find my next car.
Tom_T
It was advertised on here, evil-bay & everywhere, but didn't sell for a long time. Look back through the rollers & cars classifieds on here & you'll see it. IIRC the sellers wanted a very high price for it, and it had mostly sat in a warehouse, so it needed "refreshing" to run properly & safely I presume.
ScooterD
Here is the link to the add here at 914world. My friend did not pay nearly this much for the car, I think the seller was tired of sitting on the car and caved in.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=105714
Michael N
Spotted this one on North 280 near Bird Ave on Friday evening.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

jeffdon
Camped with some buddies west of Winters, CA this weekend, than drove over the hills from there, past Berryessa and popped out behind Fairfield. Stopped at a cafe for a cup of joe and a pastry, and parked next to this bitchin XK-140. Nice guy, who, like me, actually has owned his car for over 30 yrs, and done almost all his own work.

A good morning.

Click to view attachment
RFoulds
I know where at least two more low mileage examples are.
smile.gif

I sit in them once a week and make engine noises too.
Michael N
Spotted in Los Gatos on Kennedy Rd and Shannon Rd Saturday morning.

Click to view attachment

I was hoping it was going to take off and bounce the back roads fast. It looked as they were testing the car as it was slowly cruising. My wife just got rid of her piece of crap 2006 3.6 Passat that breaks all the time (never VW again) and picked up a 2012 WRX. She wanted to take the backroads home to get a better feel of her car. Holy smokes that is a fun car. driving.gif
Michael N
I spotted this one at a 912 / 356 swap meet and car show in San Carlos today. Not in our vin data base or on the 914-6 Registry. Beautiful black car with awesome houndstooth interior. I love the look.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Michael N
Spotted this one at the Dr's office in Los Gatos last week. Not in Vin Data base.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

SirAndy
Added to the database, thank you Sir!
smilie_pokal.gif
Michael N
Spotted this one in the Whole Foods parking lot on Blossom Hill Rd and Alamaden Expy tonight. Check out the knock offs on the wheels. Vin is not in our data base.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Michael N
Spotted this Creamcicle today at the hardware store in San Jose. I didn't check the vin but I believe the current owner is the son of the original owner and lives in Los Gatos. It sure was looking great!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Michael N
Spotted this earlier today in Los Gatos, Ca. Appeared to be a European 914-6 with 5 lug Fuchs although it had later style bumper and valance.

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.