Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacuum Hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jimtab
So....AA had a great deal on a set of vacuum hoses for the teener, and because it seemed to be so inexpensive and easy I thought I'd make a change .....the car hunts at idle and that's no good right? So I get the kit, and lay all the precut hoses out on the deck, and start pulling old hoses.....thought I followed the diagram properly and now the car idles nice and even but at 3k...just a little high....so NEVER take off more than one hose at a time unless you actually know which hose goes where....... blink.gif
bandjoey
Hope this helps. You can find other engines here too.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/technical_...4_18fi_diag.htm
jimtab
Just printed it out....the color coding should help....thanks.
McMark
Jim's got a 2.0, IIRC.

Look at this diagram instead.
jimtab
Mark, I do have a 2.0 but I also had a tee connection that shows in the layout that Bandjoey sent that connects between the press. reg, decel and throttle body....could my engine not be a 2.0 after all???
SLITS
Jim, if your idle is 3K, look at the stacked elbow on the plenum .... you may have cracked the hell out of it.
Spoke
You didn't say if you have a D-Jet or L-Jet. If D-Jet, a big vacuum leak will cause the car to think you've opened the throttle even without touching it.

One way to find a vacuum leak is to get carb cleaner and spray it at every vacuum system joint. When you hit the leak, the idle will change as the fluid temporarily plugs the hole and burns away.
Dave_Darling
For a 3K idle, you've either left one of the big hoses on the plenum disconnected, or you've got one of them going straight from the air cleaner to the manifold. It usually takes a pretty sizeable vacuum leak to get a 3K idle.

General rule: There should never be a hose that runs directly from the air cleaner to the manifold. There should always be some "component" in the way. (The AAR, the Decel Valve, etc.)

--DD
McMark
QUOTE(jimtab @ Feb 28 2011, 04:34 PM) *

Mark, I do have a 2.0 but I also had a tee connection that shows in the layout that Bandjoey sent that connects between the press. reg, decel and throttle body....could my engine not be a 2.0 after all???

Let's call it creative plumbing instead. shades.gif
bandjoey
If there's any ? On the motor and what FI you have post pic of the motor FI and engine nmber and someone will tell you what it is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.