Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brake Master Cylinder
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
draganc
Hi everybody,

What is your take about the brake master cylinder (19mm) in regards to quality if you compare ATE vs. URO.
Any hands on experience with URO?

The URO is half the price of the ATE. I rather go safe then cheap on brakes but if it’s the same quality I don’t care about the brand name.

Thanks for your input!
Dragan
dr914@autoatlanta.com
many have initially sold the uro but then discontinued it. We have not had any problem, and the company MUST conform to safety standards to make such a part so I would certainly try one for the great savings

QUOTE(draganc @ Mar 1 2011, 07:33 AM) *

Hi everybody,

What is your take about the brake master cylinder (19mm) in regards to quality if you compare ATE vs. URO.
Any hands on experience with URO?

The URO is half the price of the ATE. I rather go safe then cheap on brakes but if it’s the same quality I don’t care about the brand name.

Thanks for your input!
Dragan

gothspeed
Does anyone know what master cylinder size is stock on a 1973 teener?
Krieger
17mm. There was an nos oem on for sale in the classifieds
dlee6204
Does anyone know what master cylinder size is stock on a 1973 teener?

17mm
gothspeed
Thanks smile.gif!!
Eric_Shea
I've heard second hand reports of higher than 10% failure on those. The major Porsche parts supplier who reportedly reported that, no longer carries them.

Hard to beat a 19mm ATE for your 914.
VaccaRabite
I bought a Euro 19mm master. Two months later, when it started leaking, I bought a real one and round filed the Euro.

Some here have used them. I would never suggest one to someone I like, only to someone I'd like to see crash and burn.

So get ATE.

Zach
draganc
Thanks for the input gents!!

d
majkos
yeah, installing 'em are a REAL BI@*%#GHT
to install (Master Cyn.)

Why do it twice? mad.gif
McMark
Doesn't GPR have a nice sale going on for Master Cylinders?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.