Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Name that part game!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
clow
Hi I was wondering if I could get some help on identifying these parts.

I am putting together a 1973 1.7. i wasn't the one who took it apart to make it that much harder.

Is this the correct blower set up for the car? And is there another bracket to go between the bracket and the big intake on the blower?

IPB Image

Seams to be a sensor?

IPB Image

No idea

IPB Image

How do I bench test the starter?

Click to view attachment

Thanks for your help!

Clow
dflesburg
pic 1 - yes that is correct, I would hook it up.
pic 2 - heated dip stick (not stock)
pic 3 - headlight motor mount
pic 4 - use a 12 volt battery and touch a wire to the leads, becareful it has lots of torque and will knock your vise over if its not bolted down.

I love this game...
jcambo7
Never mind. dflesburg beat me to it. Schucks...
SirAndy
QUOTE(dflesburg @ Mar 1 2011, 12:44 PM) *

If by that you mean it's a dip-stick that doubles as a oil-temp sender, then yes. And agreed, it's not stock.
It should have come with it's own VDO gauge for the oil-temp ...

bye1.gif
McMark
I love this game...

Try these: shades.gif

1- that's an early double blower bracket and a late single blower fan. Ditch the bracket and mount the fan to the little pedestal under the relay board.
2- Dipstick oil temp sender. not stock and I'm not a fan.
3- Wiper motor bracket for some other car. Toss it
4- Jumper cable negative to starter casing, positive to purple, then use a plastic handled screwdriver to connect purple to black. If it's not clamped or otherwise 'held' it's gonna jump.
type47
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 1 2011, 01:14 PM) *

1- that's an early double blower bracket and a late single blower fan. Ditch the bracket and mount the fan to the little pedestal under the relay board.

Or if you decide to get the double outlet blower with your bracket, ...
McMark
QUOTE(type47 @ Mar 1 2011, 01:22 PM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 1 2011, 01:14 PM) *

Or if you decide to get the double outlet blower with your bracket, I think the bracket is 180 off. I thought the motor "hung" out over in front of the fan shroud. Orientation in the picture makes me think of a bus.

Nope, it's right. Notice the notch at the bottom that lines up with the protrusion in the fan housing. But that bracket does have the second bolt hole broken off.
type47
... factory manual shows it's right...
MrHyde
Hey Parker.. I'm assuming by this post that you got the car back from paint ??? pictures ??!?!? wink.gif ( I'm the one who bought the rear bumper from ya in kingston )
SirAndy
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 1 2011, 01:24 PM) *
But that bracket does have the second bolt hole broken off.

agree.gif

The blower bracket won't work with just one bolt holding it. The second tab is missing ... smash.gif
watsonrx13
pic 4 - take it down to FLAPS and have them test it. It's safer.

--Rob
McMark
Also looks like you're missing a nut on the red circle. That needs to be tightly connected as it's a main power conduit for the starter to operate.
Cap'n Krusty

pic 4 - use a 12 volt battery and touch a wire to the leads, becareful it has lots of torque and will knock your vise over if its not bolted down.

I love this game...

If you love it, why aren't you very good at it? av-943.gif

1. No, it's for a 70-72, but the extension on the blower fan is correct for the '73/'76 cars "IF" the car is equipped with the right side heater duct block-off cap.
2. Temp gauge sender for an aftermarket gauge.
3. Left side exhaust mount for a a late Bus, or maybe a Vanagon.
4. 12v to the outer post, then a jumper to either of the 2 spade lugs. The starter will have to be grounded to operate.

The Cap'n
clow
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 1 2011, 05:20 PM) *

I love this game...

If you love it, why aren't you very good at it? av-943.gif

1. No, it's for a 70-72, but the extension on the blower fan is correct for the '73/'76 cars "IF" the car is equipped with the right side heater duct block-off cap.
2. Temp gauge sender for an aftermarket gauge.
3. Left side exhaust mount for a a late Bus, or maybe a Vanagon.
4. 12v to the outer post, then a jumper to either of the 2 spade lugs. The starter will have to be grounded to operate.

The Cap'n

Thanks everyone. I do know I have a VDO gauge around. I will try the starter tomorrow.

Thanks,

Clow
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.