Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Al Reed Polishing ... Still in Business?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
euro911
dry.gif

I've been trying to get in touch with Al since early last week ... only get their phone greeting/ recording. I left two voice messages last week but don't hear a 'beep' after pressing the # button, so I don't know if my message was recorded or not confused24.gif ... haven't heard back from them either ...

Anybody know what their current status is ? unsure.gif
G e o r g e
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 1 2011, 03:46 PM) *

dry.gif

I've been trying to get in touch with Al since early last week ... only get their phone greeting/ recording. I left two voice messages last week but don't hear a 'beep' after pressing the # button, so I don't know if my message was recorded or not confused24.gif ... haven't heard back from them either ...

I'll do a drive by in 5 minutes, be back in 2 hrs.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I too called and left a message two weeks ago, he has a wheel of ours, and have heard nothing.
He does good work though!

QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 1 2011, 04:46 PM) *

dry.gif

euro911
idea.gif Hmmm ... got replies from TWO George H's within mere minutes of each other blink.gif
SLITS
QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 1 2011, 04:34 PM) *

idea.gif Hmmm ... got replies from TWO George H's within mere minutes of each other blink.gif

You must be really special ..... av-943.gif

Signed,

Your "EX"mechanic ............................

PS .... exactly what do you want polished ..........................................................................?
G e o r g e
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 1 2011, 04:57 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 1 2011, 04:34 PM) *

You must be really special ..... av-943.gif

Signed,

Your "EX"mechanic ............................

PS .... exactly what do you want polished ..........................................................................?

Ron don't ask....

you know mark has a knob biggrin.gif

Mark 3:52 and It was closed tight, I'll check again in the morning and call you if they're open.
euro911
laugh.gif

Thanks George ... beerchug.gif

Ron ... bootyshake.gif

poke.gif
kconway
He's probably in the waiting room next door...
strawman
What about Weidman's Wheels (530-534-7903) in Oroville, CA? They do great work, and they're folks to boot! In fact, Harvey and Al used to own the business that Reed now operates...
euro911
Thanks for the referral. I'd like to get some ATS wheels done kind of soon, so looking for a local vendor I can take them to.

Would like Al to do them, but iffin I can't even reach them, gotta go elsewhere headbang.gif

George ... here's a revised avatar for your consideration ... idea.gif

Click to view attachment
sean_v8_914
he has been having health issues and helper issues
pete000
I had a set of 5 Fuchs 2.0 wheels done and they took about 3 months. Came out perfect. When I picked them up he said that they had some health issues in the family and were kind of running part time.

That was two months ago.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I like it. You California guys have it all. How did this 914 guy get stuck in Georgia? (of course then PCNA moved here as well!)

QUOTE(euro911 @ Mar 1 2011, 10:58 PM) *

Thanks for the referral. I'd like to get some ATS wheels done kind of soon, so looking for a local vendor I can take them to.

Would like Al to do them, but iffin I can't even reach them, gotta go elsewhere headbang.gif

George ... here's a revised avatar for your consideration ... idea.gif

underthetire
QUOTE(strawman @ Mar 1 2011, 09:12 PM) *

What about Weidman's Wheels (530-534-7903) in Oroville, CA? They do great work, and they're folks to boot! In fact, Harvey and Al used to own the business that Reed now operates...

agree.gif

AZ914
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Mar 1 2011, 11:11 PM) *

he has been having health issues and helper issues

Sorry to hear that. I had my wheels done by Al some years ago and he was affordable and did excellent work. Hope all turns out well for him.
gothspeed
I hope he is ok, I too left a message and have not been able to talk to a person in several months ............ I have 6 fuchs that need restoration ...... but that is secondary ... I hope things get better for him.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(strawman @ Mar 1 2011, 09:12 PM) *

agree.gif
Both Harvey and Al are members here. They do astounding work and support 914World by doing talks at WCR on wheel restoration. Harvey is considered a concours expert to the point that if someone protests a ruling by a judge at a PCA concours they call in Harvey if he is available. Plus, they are both just darn good guys...
Eric_Shea
Just got off the phone with Harvey. He didn't know anything about it. He's going to Pheonix this weekend and usually see's Al there. Could be health issues with Diane again?

Sending good vibes Al and Family's way.
G e o r g e
Drove by, didn't have time to stop but the doors are open and the smell of polishing compound fills the air.
burton73
Al had been working a set of 5 Fuchs 4 lugs, restoring them to factory finish. Diane had been in a bad way. She is done with her treatments and she called me and said my wheels where done and she was feeling fine now. That was 3 weeks ago. They where very backed up.

I think her being sick caused a big backup.

Bob
76-914
QUOTE(George H. @ Mar 2 2011, 01:10 PM) *

Drove by, didn't have time to stop but the doors are open and the smell of polishing compound fills the air.

SOT: But is that an umlaut above your "newbie box"?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.