Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: W.T.B. 1974 914 Front End Body Sheetmetal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
nowlings
Click to view attachmentDaughter rear ended someone today in the 914. Need at least a front hood, rear bumper, most like a front apron including headlight buckets. Looking for parts located in Northern or Central Cal so I can pick up locally to avoid shipping. Thanks!
Krank
Ouch, that looks like it hurt...oh, yeah, I'm supposed to ask, how's the kid?
nowlings
Junior survived without a scratch; and drove it home! Just a bummer as this car has been in our family since new and never had been in an accident. Hopefully I can get the parts I need to fix her up soon. Spring is around the corner and the car season is about to begin. Thanks for asking
rick 918-S
Contact McMark at Original Customs. He may have parts and can fix the front panel for you.

http://www.originalcustoms.com/

With the right approch you can repair some pretty heavy damage.
strawman
I've got a hood here in Davis, CA that I'd sell for $75. PM me if you're interested. I've also got one headlight bucket section that I'll throw in (can't remember if driver or passenger side; it is in my garage and I'm at work)... but I imagine that it might be easier for a shop to repair the existing buckets than to cut/paste them in.

Geoff
porbmw
QUOTE(nowlings @ Mar 1 2011, 08:40 PM) *

Junior survived without a scratch; and drove it home! Just a bummer as this car has been in our family since new and never had been in an accident. Hopefully I can get the parts I need to fix her up soon. Spring is around the corner and the car season is about to begin. Thanks for asking

AHH
But did she survive when she got home......

I'm entitled to ask, cuz I bought my junior a 74 (not likely as pretty as yours, but pretty nice) and withing a month, she had caught her heel on the mat, and drove the car vigorously into the trailer hitch of our F150 parked in front of her (again, not as much damage as yours..., but taking out the bumper, pad, hood and twisting up some sheet metal...)

Darn kids

Hope you get yours fixed up before I take care of ours....Spring was around our corner LAST year.....
nowlings
QUOTE(esses62 @ Mar 2 2011, 08:32 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 2 2011, 10:14 AM) *

Contact McMark at Original Customs. He may have parts and can fix the front panel for you.

a little inspiration biggrin.gif

Inspiration Indeed; Thanks for the contact information. Did you have to replace your headlamp bucket frames or did they straighten them?
nowlings
QUOTE(porbmw @ Mar 2 2011, 02:28 PM) *

QUOTE(nowlings @ Mar 1 2011, 08:40 PM) *

AHH
But did she survive when she got home......

I'm entitled to ask, cuz I bought my junior a 74 (not likely as pretty as yours, but pretty nice) and withing a month, she had caught her heel on the mat, and drove the car vigorously into the trailer hitch of our F150 parked in front of her (again, not as much damage as yours..., but taking out the bumper, pad, hood and twisting up some sheet metal...)

I tell you, My kid is upset about it and I'm calming down after a cooling off period. Now my very "girly" daughter is going to be learning how to do body work and mechanical repair. She needs to experience the personal investment in fixing what she damaged. This should be a constructive excerise.

Darn kids

Hope you get yours fixed up before I take care of ours....Spring was around our corner LAST year.....

rick 918-S
QUOTE(nowlings @ Mar 2 2011, 09:41 PM) *

QUOTE(esses62 @ Mar 2 2011, 08:32 AM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 2 2011, 10:14 AM) *

a little inspiration biggrin.gif

Inspiration Indeed; Thanks for the contact information. Did you have to replace your headlamp bucket frames or did they straighten them?

Your headlight parts and mounting boxes are very likely bent. McMark will know what to do.

Also the floor pan where the front torsion bars mount very often bend in this type of a hit.

Here's a link to Sandy's car showing how I repaired it. Her's may be worse than yours.

Lots of the usual chatter in the thread but some good photos of the process.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=104128&hl=
nowlings
Thanks rick! Headlight box on drivers side is bent. Right side is ok. I'm going to have to pull the front apron panel forward and see what straightens out with the pulls and go from there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.