brant
Last weekend was my wife's birthday
We took off and went to the metropolis of Guffey, Colorado
a very cool wolf sanctuary.

brant
got to visit with the animals and play with some 1 year old "puppies"

VaccaRabite
NEAT!
One of my neighbors kept a wolf (it was "registered" as 50% husky) and it was one of the coolest dogs I have known. It roamed at night, and kept the cat and rabbit population WAY down. I would see it often stalking along the edge of my property next to the hedge line. During the day you could walk up and pet it and it loved the attention. At night, it would recognize you, but it was hunting food not attention. If I would call to it, he would look my way, wag its tail once, and get back to the task at hand.

It was an old dog when I moved in, and I was sad to hear it passed back in the winter of 2007. The spring of 2007 was a rabbit explosion and my gardens paid the price - till I started hunting the rabbits.

Zach
Als914
Simply beautiful!
Had a wolf for many years similar to the one pictured on the roof. His name was Pawnee ( meaning Wolf) with a light grey cape down his back and yellow eyes. He was a truely a loyal friend.

Great B-day gift.

Al
kfish914
Really cool to see. We have a wolf park here in Battle Ground, Indiana also. The Park opened in 1972. They actually have it set up to have bison and deer in with the wolves.
I had a black wolf "mix". His name was Kampher (Kam) a good German name although not very fitting to his personality. He was the best dog; he was really good with my nephews. When they were young they could lay on him and use him as a back rest when they would lie on the floor to watch TV. He seemed to love the attention. The only problem I had with him is that he always wanted to dig a den. He dug a huge den under the deck and even with a dog house built specially for dogs that den; he was able to actually dig out the floor and dug down about two feet below the dog house. Learned not to use particle board for the floor again.
He lived to be 16 years old, however the last year was hard for him and me.
Beautiful animals that don't really get the respect they deserve.

Here he is in the 914 in 1987
Click to view attachment
6 months old
Click to view attachment
later in life
Click to view attachment
Drums66
......What an awesome animal!!! Thank you for the pic's idea.gif
bye1.gif(and a coooool car)
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 2 2011, 08:50 PM) *

NEAT!
One of my neighbors kept a wolf (it was "registered" as 50% husky) and it was one of the coolest dogs I have known.
Zach

We had a dog we bought as a Samoyed only to find out it was a wolf. One of the best dogs and awesom to be around. He just always wanted to go off and do his own thing blink.gif

Cool pics Brant. The wolf on the house looks a lot like my old dog wub.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.