Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tire profile pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mikelsr
I am getting ready to purchase new tires for my 914-6. I am currently running the Kumho Ecsta V700 series. These tires have a square profile (sidewalls are flat) and fit well under my rear fenders. A few years ago I bought some Avons and found that the sidewall stuck out (rounded) a lot and they would not fit under my fenders. I should say that I am running 8x15 Fuchs in the back and the fenders are rolled and pulled a bit.

I want to go to a better R-compound tire like the Hoosier A6, Hankook Z217, or the Kumho V710. I have read that the A6 tires are very square and I shouldn't have a problem getting them under the rear fenders. Does anyone have profile pictures of the 225/45 or 225/50 A6, Z217 or V710s on 8x15 Fuchs that they could post so I can take a look at them?

Thanks,
Mike
DanT
710s on 7s biggrin.gif
mikelsr
Thanks Dan. 205s?

QUOTE(DanT @ Mar 3 2011, 09:32 AM) *

710s on 7s biggrin.gif

DanT
yes 205s....so if you mount those on 8s then the side walls would be even flatter...and those were pretty flat as you can see in that head on pic of the car. smile.gif
I would think that 225s on 8s would look pretty similar to those pics too, with regard to sidewall bulge.
mikelsr
I run the V700 225s on the 8" on the back and they are flat.

Thanks,
Mike

QUOTE(DanT @ Mar 3 2011, 10:06 AM) *

yes 205s....so if you mount those on 8s then the side walls would be even flatter...and those were pretty flat as you can see in that head on pic of the car. smile.gif
I would think that 225s on 8s would look pretty similar to those pics too, with regard to sidewall bulge.

J P Stein
225s Hoosiers on 7s.
You want to go an inch outboard?
mikelsr
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Mar 3 2011, 12:54 PM) *

225s Hoosiers on 7s.
You want to go an inch outboard?

Yep. I may just work.

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.