Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: coronado speed festival in september
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
brant
I'm trying to remember who authored the thread about attending fleetweek last year at coronado with a 914.

I'm thinking it would be a great fall event to end this upcoming 2011 season for dad and I, but would love to talk further with an attendee...

thanks for any pointers
brant
Don M
attended the event since it's beginnings as both crew and spectator, can't actually race because of entry protocol (which appears to be losening a bit) requiring some aspect of entries to have a minimum degree of past history/pedigry aligned with the road race venue. You should check into this before getting too involved. It is a great show though and well worth the effort even if just spectating.
brant
I kinda remember john rogers saying that when the event management changed back in 2009 they loosened up the ability to enter

I attended the very first one and really liked spectating...

someone got invited in a 914 last year and I can't remember whom
I know a couple of buddies just got invited last week with their formula super vee's... so I'm hoping to get a production car in

brant
9146racing
i ran my 914-6GT the last two years in Coronado, i know all 914 drivers that attended,
how can i help

Hans
brant
QUOTE(9146racing @ Mar 10 2011, 08:41 PM) *

i ran my 914-6GT the last two years in Coronado, i know all 914 drivers that attended,
how can i help

Hans

Hans,
I've attended the first festival of speed as a spectator around 97'

Since then I got into vintage racing with my father and we've ran together all across texas, colorado, kansas, oklahoma, and nebraska.
to be honest... I want to do a few fun and far away events with my father
this would be something special and probably the "farthest tow" we've ever had.
a real "big time" event for my dad to enjoy.

I'm hoping to gain a bit of input and maybe a kind word or clue as to how to get in....

do you have any contacts or advice for me?
I'd be a friendly competitor, not looking for TTOD
looking to have fun and make a memory with my father is all.

can you direct me towards the registar to see if I could be enrolled as a "friendly" participant?

It would be a big family memory for my dad.
any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

brant
9146racing
QUOTE(brant @ Mar 10 2011, 08:33 PM) *

QUOTE(9146racing @ Mar 10 2011, 08:41 PM) *

how can i help

Hans

Hans,
I've attended the first festival of speed as a spectator around 97'

Since then I got into vintage racing with my father and we've ran together all across texas, colorado, kansas, oklahoma, and nebraska.
to be honest... I want to do a few fun and far away events with my father
this would be something special and probably the "farthest tow" we've ever had.
a real "big time" event for my dad to enjoy.

I'm hoping to gain a bit of input and maybe a kind word or clue as to how to get in....

do you have any contacts or advice for me?
I'd be a friendly competitor, not looking for TTOD
looking to have fun and make a memory with my father is all.

can you direct me towards the registar to see if I could be enrolled as a "friendly" participant?

It would be a big family memory for my dad.
any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

brant

i would be glad to assist you,
pm me your phone number and a good time to call,
larryM
starts with joining HMSA

- pay the dues and get the entry form

they have been taking sixers that loosely meet 69-72 FIA class rules and also later GTU sixers for the past 3 yrs, & getting looser all the time

it apparently only has to "look right", not to actually be an original or have a genuine race histroy as is the casr in some other historic venues

2 of those cars were at Wine Country last week - one was a '76 body conversion GT clone, the other was a oem six, made conversion into a GT

both running 9" racing slicks all around

I have pics of those, as well as pics & links of the past years

brant
QUOTE(larryM @ Jun 8 2012, 09:26 PM) *

starts with joining HMSA

- pay the dues and get the entry form

they have been taking sixers that loosely meet 69-72 FIA class rules and also later trans-am sixers for the past 3 yrs, & getting looser all the time

it apparently only has to "look right", not to actually be an original or have a genuine race histroy as is the casre in some other historic venues

2 of those cars were at Wine Country last week - one was a '76 body GT clone, the other was a oem six, made into a GT

both running 9" racing slicks all around

I have pics of those, as well as pics & links of the past years

Larry,
I'm an HMSA member
I went last fall
and will be there again next september.
but thankyou though....

brant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.