Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Rennsport coming to Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
harlenl
Porsche Rennsport IV will be October 14-16 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. Event is every 3 years (or so) and the first time on the west coast. See announcement below.

http://mazdaraceway.com/pages/news-item?r=...G&send_to=/
Tom_T
This link at that article is worth a gander too, for the slide show alone. smile.gif
http://www.2011porscheracecarclassic.com/
maf914
That's great news for you west coast guys. I made it to Rennsport III at Daytona and really enjoyed it. There were some great cars and the weather that weekend was fantastic. Have fun!
GeorgeRud
piratenanner.gif We went to Rennsport III in Daytona, and can't wait for the October Rennsport at Laguna Seca. The Monterey penninsula in October should not be that bad either for a nice place to visit.

Any person that has an interest in Porsche race cars should try to attend, it's really a wonderful event. If it's anything like the last one, it should be Porsche Nirvana!
jgara962
My calendar is already marked. Maybe we can get a Bay Area caravan.
Michael N
West Coast Rennsport piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif

I'll be there.
jimtab
Let's see, my favorite cars, my favorite track, and my favorite time of the year....HELL YES!
wertygrog
RR III at Daytona was great, I'll definitely be at this one! beerchug.gif
ConeDodger
Let's do it!!!
race914
Went to II & III and will definitely make this one!

Met up with some members at III

IPB Image

Made our room reservations for IV last night.

Recommend to all to make them early before all the places figure out what is going on and raise their rates.

Marriott has already figured it out, and is saying the Salinas Marriott is 'full', but they'll be happy to put you in the Monterey Marriott for a much higher price....

Salinas is the alternative to Monterey if you are looking to save some $$
MAP from Wal-Mart Center off Hwy 101 & Laurel Drive. Close to motels, IHOP, Outback Steakhouse, etc.

Looking forward to meeting up with the 914 crowd!! beerchug.gif
Michael N
I booked a camp site yesterday but now am wondering if I should stay at a hotel instead. I know the kids would prefer to camp, but the wife prefers a hotel as we already do a lot of camping during the summer.

Do the rennsport events run all day on the track? I know at the historics the day schedule is pretty full.
harlenl
QUOTE(Michael N @ Mar 9 2011, 08:33 AM) *

I booked a camp site yesterday but now am wondering if I should stay at a hotel instead. I know the kids would prefer to camp, but the wife prefers a hotel as we already do a lot of camping during the summer.

Do the rennsport events run all day on the track? I know at the historics the day schedule is pretty full.

This deal just got inked with Porsche so it's still early. The events usually start at 8am (due to noise agreement with the county) and ends roughly around 4pm. I will send out a schedule once it's released. As noted in the press release, there is a Porsche car show at Quail Lodge in Carmel Valley. While this event is not related or factory supported Porsche wants to insure their branding is not compromised. So for them it adds a bit of complication. The staff at MRLS are taking the extra step to build a relationship with the sponsor of the Quail Lodge event to insure the fans can enjoy both events if they choose to. Stay tuned.

Harlen
GeorgeRud
My wife and I got reservations at the Embassy Suites in Monterey - I was told she would appreciate that much better than staying in Salinas. Hope to get there a few days early to tempt her with Carmel, etc. before spending the weekend in a Porsche frenzy.

It's too long a drive from Chicago to Laguna Seca (only so much time off), so we have to fly into Monterey Regional Airport and rent a car while we're there. Do any of our west coast members have any advice on what else to do or see while we're out there? We really enjoyed the Daytona event, and are looking forward to this one as well, but I know Julie will want see some other things as well while we're out there.

jgara962
Some run group information for RR

http://www.9magazine.com/have-a-historic-p...rt-reunion.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.