Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tips on injector repaint wanted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Pat Garvey
I'll be installing some Witchhunter refurbished injectors. If you look at the pic attached you'll see that the refurbisment process includes bead blasting, so all paint is gone.

Assume the shade should be satin black, but am curious to hear from others as to the mashing tecniques used. These are completely refurbished injectors. 3X ultrasonic cleaning, 3X flow tested, back flush, new sreens & pintel covers, and flow tested (don't know how they do this for $20 each & still profit). The pastel things are dropper bulbs I've placed on them to protect the screens.

All tips welcomed. Yes, the date is incorrect - new camera.
Pat
tod914
Colorfull! Might be worth the gig. Should be good to go with any chemical resistant rattle can. Think I used VHT High Temp engine paint when I did them on my 75 years ago. Nice with the little baloons there. Should make your masking easy. I used sandwich bags, then taped off all the plastic. No NOS ones in your stash?
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(tod914 @ Mar 8 2011, 07:20 PM) *

Colorfull! Might be worth the gig. Should be good to go with any chemical resistant rattle can. Think I used VHT High Temp engine paint when I did them on my 75 years ago. Nice with the little baloons there. Should make your masking easy. I used sandwich bags, then taped off all the plastic. No NOS ones in your stash?

Thanks for the tip!

Surprisingly, no NOS injectors. Have at least two dozen used, but no NOS. I'll send the used guys to Witch Hunter. According to thier statistics, only one in three is repairable. They do good work - just wish they didn't have to strip the paint.
Tom_T
IIRC there's a pic of NOS or new ones in the Parts Vault for ref. If not, maybe there's an old archived pic of some NOS ones in the classifieds archives.

Mine are NOS green tops for the 73-76 2.0L, so they won't help for your 72 1.7L ones, as they may have been finished differently.
tod914
Tom, the nos green ones I had, did have over spray on the green plastic.

Click to view attachment
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(tod914 @ Mar 10 2011, 09:40 AM) *

Tom, the nos green ones I had, did have over spray on the green plastic.

Click to view attachment

I find the overspray most interesting, but will avoid it if possible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.