Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glyco bearings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean_v8_914
I found some Glyco bearings NLA
good? bad? OK? crap? da bomb? German gold?
sean_v8_914
red box. made in Germany
old school parts
no coments from teh peanut gallery
J P Stein
OK, peanut here. I believe Glyco is or was an OEM supplier for Porsche.
They did have an issue with runs in the bearing coating for 911s that got out to the public some time back. With that in mind, I'd look carefully at the bearings before use.

sean_v8_914
thank you
I am surprised that none of teh experienced builders have chimed in. captn crusty?
Jake? i think Glyco was before his time
I have been told that these have a thicker hard metal backing that is good for higher hp applications
J P Stein
I had .010 under Glycos in my first 2.7L.....10-11 years back. When I took it appart 7 years later they looked great. Imagine my surprise when the prices went up 8-10 fold for those bearings....Glyco had quit making them and they were ony available from Porsche. Bought a std/std crank, had it maged & polished, bought std/std Glycos and saved a couple thousand bucks.

Anyone need a good .01/.01 9eleben crank?
JFJ914
Since it 's almost impossible to find any T4 std/std bearings, how bad could they be?
DBCooper
I used them and sold them for years, in VW's, Porsches and Mercedes trucks. OEM quality and no complaints ever.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.