Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injection Wiring Harness
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mipstien
I am going to rebuild my wiring harness using all the old plastic plugs. my question is what size do i need to make the wiring or does it matter as long as its as big or bigger than the original wiring? I'm not going to do 0 gauge or something stupid but i was thinking about buying all 14 or 16 to do the wiring.
Mike Bellis
That will be fine.
Cap'n Krusty
Might I suggest you look into Jeff Bowlsby's restored wiring harnesses? First rate work, and they look good, too.

The Cap'n
mipstien
Are you paying ?
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(mipstien @ Mar 9 2011, 09:29 AM) *

Are you paying ?

Sure! Once you've met the deductible ....................

The Cap'n
mipstien
Trust me if i had the money to spend on something like that I would. i have rebuilt similar things before and i figured why not give it a shot ya know?
mipstien
New Question:
where to get the little connectors.
after reading all the old forum post about it i can't determine the exact size of the connectors. 1/8th inch is close to 4mm but .110 is 2.7mm and that is obviously smaller and close to the size of the connectors.
Dave_Darling
Check around for electronics supply houses. Some of them carry metric hardware. I know that Global Metrics in Belmont CA used to, but I haven't been over there in a decade or more. (I don't even know if they are still there...)

--DD
mipstien
I have found places that carry some stuff but not exactly what i need. i have found places online also but my problem is knowing the exact size. i assume someone out there has this information already. looking at older post there are mixed ideas on what size these are.
jt914-6
Check with Jeff Bowlsby and see if he'd sell you what you need... type.gif
mipstien
already ahead of you on that one. he won't supply just the tips separately. so i asked about what the sizes where. haven't heard anything back, yet. here's to hoping.
jim_hoyland
See: http://www.eagleday.com/elparandtool.html

ConeDodger
QUOTE(mipstien @ Mar 10 2011, 05:41 AM) *

already ahead of you on that one. he won't supply just the tips separately. so i asked about what the sizes where. haven't heard anything back, yet. here's to hoping.

Jeff is REALLY busy right now. I know, I am waiting on a custom SDS harness for my car... He doesn't even have time to breath until the weekends... sad.gif
Tom
Ralley lights. com has the electrical connectors you need. You will also need the "correct" crimper or risk improper crimps and a suspect electrical connection.
Good luck,
Tom
mipstien
so does anyone actually know the correct size of the female spade pieces?
that eagle site doesn't have the right sizes nor the right type of connector although they have something very close.
IronHillRestorations
Be careful choosing wire gauge, if they are too big a gauge you might have trouble working with the whole bundle of wires.

I don't do 4 cyl FI harnessess, but IIRC the wire gauge is close to 18 gauge. Maybe Jeff will chime in and give some tips for you.
mipstien
ralley lights does offer them, but they are sold out right now DOH! headbang.gif
mipstien
Looks like just under 3mm is the size I'm looking for. Really sucks trying to save a Buck and can't get good info anywhere. I plan on buying a harness eventually but at the moment I just can't afford it. Wedding is more important lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.