Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: new product announcement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Porsche 914 complete interior hardware kit fabulous new product only 139.50

For the first time in recorded 914 history comes and all in one complete interior hardware kit. Every nut and bolt and screw and clip that you need to reassembly you interior in one carefully put together kit. Dr 914 worked with the Winzer hardware representative in one three hour session pouring over the original Porsche 914 factory parts catalog calling out every piece of hardware famous "8" Body section of the book. Now with the exception of the seat belt bolts you can own with one click of the mouse, every piece of hardware missing from that basket case 914 you purchased. Carefully labeled as to its use, and including rockers spoilers and valance hardware, you will be delighted to install this beautiful hardware onto and into your beautiful 914. Just the information sheet is worth its weight in gold for its proper information about what goes where! No improper hardware for your car ever again! Bargain priced at a fraction of what the individual pieces would cost and includes three nice plastic storage bins.
See it on the autoatlanta.com under the part number B9147076KIT

Click to view attachment
windforfun
Sweet!!!
Mike Bellis
Wasn't APgirl working on this exact same venture? Who stole who's idea?
jim_hoyland
Great ! What a great concept. Would the kit include the hardware to attach the knee pad, targa bolster, and targa pad ? smile.gif
DanT
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Mar 9 2011, 04:09 PM) *

Wasn't APgirl working on this exact same venture?

yes smile.gif
RJMII
QUOTE(DanT @ Mar 9 2011, 05:23 PM) *

yes smile.gif

agree.gif WTF.gif
jonferns
QUOTE(RJMII @ Mar 9 2011, 08:09 PM) *

QUOTE(DanT @ Mar 9 2011, 05:23 PM) *

yes smile.gif

agree.gif WTF.gif

agree.gif dry.gif
McMark
No sense in pointing fingers just let your wallets do the talking

There is absolutely sense in pointing fingers. If George wants to advertise this stolen idea on our public forum, then people have the right to point out that one of our non-commercial members was already working on this.

And from the looks of the baggies in the pics, those are stupid generic hardware. For someone who "loves the 914 too much", George sure doesn't give a crap about putting out sub-par kits.

I'm so tired of this crap.
william1764
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Mar 9 2011, 02:51 PM) *

Porsche 914 complete interior hardware kit fabulous new product only 139.50

For the first time in recorded 914 history comes and all in one complete interior hardware kit. Every nut and bolt and screw and clip that you need to reassembly you interior in one carefully put together kit. Dr 914 worked with the Winzer hardware representative in one three hour session pouring over the original Porsche 914 factory parts catalog calling out every piece of hardware famous "8" Body section of the book. Now with the exception of the seat belt bolts you can own with one click of the mouse, every piece of hardware missing from that basket case 914 you purchased. Carefully labeled as to its use, and including rockers spoilers and valance hardware, you will be delighted to install this beautiful hardware onto and into your beautiful 914. Just the information sheet is worth its weight in gold for its proper information about what goes where! No improper hardware for your car ever again! Bargain priced at a fraction of what the individual pieces would cost and includes three nice plastic storage bins.
See it on the autoatlanta.com under the part number B9147076KIT

Click to view attachment

great idea. i'm sure many will find useful!
Rusty
Wow... this is really poor form, George.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(McMark @ Mar 9 2011, 07:01 PM) *

No sense in pointing fingers just let your wallets do the talking

There is absolutely sense in pointing fingers. If George wants to advertise this stolen idea on our public forum, then people have the right to point out that one of our non-commercial members was already working on this.

And from the looks of the baggies in the pics, those are stupid generic hardware. For someone who "loves the 914 too much", George sure doesn't give a crap about putting out sub-par kits.

I'm so tired of this crap.

Wow! Mark takes pretty much everything with a grain of salt... Rare to see him actually express some disgust... He must be pretty disgusted and WTF.gif agree.gif
recko911
popcorn[1].gif
TheCabinetmaker
I have no dog in this fight, but Carrie was only doing a poll to assess interest. Maybe George has been working on this since long before she had the idea or started the poll. I have never dealt with AA, but some of you seem to be jumping on George without knowing all the facts.
JStroud
If you look back APgirls poll started Feb 20, don't think george went from idea to selling in 2 1/2 weeks.
flipb
Go easy on the Doc this time. His thread in Club preceded her thread gauging interest by nine days.
william1764
QUOTE(flipb @ Mar 9 2011, 07:26 PM) *

Go easy on the Doc this time. His thread in Club preceded her thread gauging interest by nine days.

'chicken or egg' has been solved - oops
Mike Bellis
Her thread here is dated 2-20-11 confused24.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...a&pgirl

Maybe George did think of it first??? confused24.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(flipb @ Mar 9 2011, 09:26 PM) *

I know the AA apologists will show up in droves... but after a demonstrated pattern of unethical and borderline illegal behavior - I can't give the benefit of the doubt anymore.
luskesq
I've been working on my teener now for about 6 months thinking that it would be great to have a complete hardware set. Maybe I should get credit for the idea! Point is that George got it done. Other person hasn't as of yet. If the product is of poor quality or overpriced, the market and competition will tell the real story. Get over it.

Keith
championgt1
Again..... headbang.gif
Gustl
btw - what is a body hardware kit ???

what would I need it for confused24.gif

I've no idea what he's selling ...

McMark
Okay. Fine. Revised rant. Carrie starts talking about pursuing this idea, revving up interest. George steps in and rides that excitement to the bank, and in the process reduces possible interest in Carrie's kits.

The product isn't the problem. The timing of this thread is the BS part.
TheCabinetmaker
Lawrence, I was not apoligizing fo George. He's a big boy and can do that for himself if need be. I've never bought anything from AA. All Im saying is a few post are assuming without knowing all the facts. It gmay be unfortunate for Carrie, but such is the way of business. Carrie still has the right to put her package together, which is not the same as Georges. Isn't this kinda like saying you guys stole the idea of the 914 club? I gotta wonder what would happen if another member would have done this instead of George.

Once again, I am NOT defending him. I don't give a rats ass about what he does, but even a man accused of murder gets a trial where all the facts are addressed.

Sleepin
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Mar 10 2011, 05:02 AM) *

... even a man accused of murder gets a trial where all the facts are addressed.

But he shouldn't if he has murdered 50 people in the past. dry.gif
IronHillRestorations
Not defending AA, but those look like factory part bags, from what I can see.

Scooping someone else's idea is never cool, and you just won't get away with it in the information age.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes!

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Mar 9 2011, 05:14 PM) *

Great ! What a great concept. Would the kit include the hardware to attach the knee pad, targa bolster, and targa pad ? smile.gif

dr914@autoatlanta.com
Look at the postings on the club. I had this idea for a long time was working on it and look at the 914club post and you will know

Wasn't APgirl working on this exact same venture? Who stole who's idea?

dr914@autoatlanta.com
Thank you

QUOTE(flipb @ Mar 9 2011, 08:26 PM) *

dr914@autoatlanta.com
This hardware is top quality stuff. Even the 916 has some of it installed.
QUOTE(luskesq @ Mar 9 2011, 09:19 PM) *

I've been working on my teener now for about 6 months thinking that it would be great to have a complete hardware set. Maybe I should get credit for the idea! Point is that George got it done. Other person hasn't as of yet. If the product is of poor quality or overpriced, the market and competition will tell the real story. Get over it.

Keith

bozo914
So what exactly do I get for my $140?? confused24.gif
VaccaRabite
Look for the product specific details in the member vendor section, assuming a thread has been set up there for this kit. The garage is really only supposed to be for announcements, not a catalog.

Zach
mojorisen914
***** Comment removed due to low rating ****
recko911
I'm with you Dr.914 been purchasing from AA for years without Any issues keep on developing these great kits that many of us need... Some don't want to admit to it.
PBC914
It's a free market. Let market forces do their part. Even if AA is first to market, price, quality, availability and number of suppliers dictate which supplier will last with their products. Hats off to the entrepreneur that invests capital and takes risks to provide a tangible product that fills a need and has demand. Enough with the rants and opinions on AA. Negative comments on AA and other suppliers other than those based on specific experience grow tiresome on this otherwise great resource to 914 owners.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
YEAH! Thank you.

QUOTE(recko911 @ Mar 10 2011, 10:47 AM) *

I'm with you Dr.914 been purchasing from AA for years without Any issues keep on developing these great kits that many of us need... Some don't want to admit to it.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
AMEN BROTHER! On with the preservation of the 914. We are all in this together with one common goal, even the most negative HEN!

QUOTE(PBC914 @ Mar 10 2011, 11:06 AM) *

It's a free market. Let market forces do their part. Even if AA is first to market, price, quality, availability and number of suppliers dictate which supplier will last with their products. Hats off to the entrepreneur that invests capital and takes risks to provide a tangible product that fills a need and has demand. Enough with the rants and opinions on AA. Negative comments on AA and other suppliers other than those based on specific experience grow tiresome on this otherwise great resource to 914 owners.

dr914@autoatlanta.com
Right on. It took me a long time to put that kit together, Zach! Half of the sizes were not even in the book and more than one would think were WRONG! Thank goodness that we had original cars here and I still have the memory of when they were new and took so many apart and put back together. We used to play name that bolt for fun.

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 10 2011, 09:43 AM) *

Look for the product specific details in the member vendor section, assuming a thread has been set up there for this kit. The garage is really only supposed to be for announcements, not a catalog.

Zach
bandjoey
George = Feb 11

He wins. Also first to market in something that's hard to produce.

If Carrie comes back with this she'll probably sell kits too. The market sends business to McD's as well as Mom's Sandwich shop. People shop with who they like.

Good product. I'll get a kit.

TheCabinetmaker
Well, there you have it. Don't you feel silly now?
A&PGirl
Excuse me for being late to the party, but I had to take care of some of my mother's effects and then eat.

914World is an open forum. I fully support open forums and open source. There needs to be an open market for 914 parts where there can be a surplus of good quality over bad quality. I'm trying to emulate Mikey914 whose seals are heads and shoulders above anyone else in the marketplace. I am going to try to make my product as superior as Mikey's rubber products are superior to anything else in the marketplace.

It's unfortunate that many people are fooled into thinking that monopolies are positive or the best way to do things. I believe that monopolies harm the vast majority of people and the only people who benefit from monopolies are those who are only interested in making as much money as possible.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(A&PGirl @ Mar 10 2011, 01:11 PM) *

Excuse me for being late to the party, but I had to take care of some of my mother's effects and then eat.

914World is an open forum. I fully support open forums and open source. There needs to be an open market for 914 parts where there can be a surplus of good quality over bad quality. I'm trying to emulate Mikey914 whose seals are heads and shoulders above anyone else in the marketplace. I am going to try to make my product as superior as Mikey's rubber products are superior to anything else in the marketplace.

It's unfortunate that many people are fooled into thinking that monopolies are positive or the best way to do things. I believe that monopolies harm the vast majority of people and the only people who benefit from monopolies are those who are only interested in making as much money as possible.

agree.gif smilie_pokal.gif
7TPorsh
For those of us who aren't in need of a whole kit, or, can't afford it, or, are just CSOBs...is there now a master list of screw and bolt sizes available?
dwillouby
I think if George started giving away free nos tubs some people would still bitch. smile.gif
David
Gint
OK, we're done here. Product announcement has been made and you'll either buy it or you won't. If george feels the need he can open a more detailed thread of the product offering in the member vendor forum.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.