Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I had an idea for a 914 product
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ConeDodger
Carbon fiber bodies!!! Under $4000.00

I wonder if George is paying attention? blink.gif
tod914
I think he made mention of that 9 days ago.
montoya 73 2.0
Have to wonder if there are plans on reverse engineering the WAS top? biggrin.gif
AndyB
Oh look its that time of the month again dry.gif
JmuRiz
Question, do we need more than CF hoods and trunks? I suppose is there were some door skins or the like it'd be kind of cool...maybe a c/f targa top (hmmmm, wonder is there'd be a way to make a structural one that bolts in for track days...)

I personally think it's worth looking into how it would work.
I know a local Audi guy just put c/f fenders and hood on his A4...made a world of difference in the nose-heavy beast.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 10 2011, 08:05 AM) *

Question, do we need more than CF hoods and trunks? I suppose is there were some door skins or the like it'd be kind of cool...maybe a c/f targa top (hmmmm, wonder is there'd be a way to make a structural one that bolts in for track days...)

I personally think it's worth looking into how it would work.
I know a local Audi guy just put c/f fenders and hood on his A4...made a world of difference in the nose-heavy beast.

No, see Nathan - I am being totally tongue-in-cheek. I don't expect anyone will make a carbon fiber body but since George is taking the ideas of others and running away with them, I thought I would put a tougher one out there for him...
JmuRiz
I had a feeling, but after thinking about it...I thought it may actually be kind of cool haha.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 10 2011, 08:41 AM) *

I had a feeling, but after thinking about it...I thought it may actually be kind of cool haha.

Way cool. But closer to $50K each evilgrin.gif
underthetire
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Mar 10 2011, 08:42 AM) *

QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Mar 10 2011, 08:41 AM) *

Way cool. But closer to $50K each evilgrin.gif

Just bring the paint, we can do my car and just tell him we are making CF bodies dry.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv1MZ8WYklk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv1MZ8WYklk
Rusty
Group buy? biggrin.gif
Chris Hamilton
Already done.

http://www.ultimate914.com

Interestingly enough, the whole thing IS $4000. beerchug.gif
sww914
It's really really tough, too. I painted Roger's rear body panel several years ago after he got punted off the track. It wiped out his whole rear suspension and wheel but the carbon flexed so well that he only had to repair a section about 8" by 12".
Chris Hamilton
Oh man do I want one of those for my v8 project aktion035.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(sww914 @ Mar 11 2011, 01:44 AM) *

It's really really tough, too. I painted Roger's rear body panel several years ago after he got punted off the track. It wiped out his whole rear suspension and wheel but the carbon flexed so well that he only had to repair a section about 8" by 12".

What color is this?
championgt1
agree.gif Purple?
Gustl
check this out: http://www.f-s-h.com/ and click at "914" on the left list ...
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Mar 11 2011, 09:59 PM) *

agree.gif Purple?

slap.gif
Rusty
QUOTE(championgt1 @ Mar 11 2011, 09:59 PM) *

agree.gif Purple?

It's not aubergine! biggrin.gif
Chris Hamilton
Roger Sheridan really makes great parts. Very high quality and he stands behind everything.
Elliot Cannon
I hit a semi-tracter trailer re-tread on the freeway at about 75mph. It sounded like the entire front of the car had exploded off. The fender flexed so well that this was the only resulting damage. Yep. Roger makes good stuff.

PS The bottom picture shows the damage. LOL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.