Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horn beeping
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Razorbobsr
Yesterday I took my 914 for a short trip around my city, while doing a left turn the horn started beeping................ Then it beeped off and on while steering left and right turn........ beeped with signal on as well....... ok, whats up? Bob
VaccaRabite
Pull the steering wheel off and check the contact. it may be broken. its just a very thing strip of copper that is probably 35+ years old. Also the ground wire may be bare in spots and ground out somehow connecting the circuit. My ground wire was in VERY poor shape.

Zach
Sleepin
Probably the insulation on your horn wire has wore through. Pull the horn button and tape up the wire, should be fine after that. wink.gif
Als914
popcorn[1].gif idea.gif Watching this one closely because I have the same problem. I pulled my stearing wheel and found there was a tear in the copper contact of the cansollation ring. Replaced it and still have the same problem. My horn ground wire is good. confused24.gif
windforfun
Be careful how you route the horn wire. If done incorrectly, twisting on the horn button will damage the wire. BTDT.
markb
It could also be the rubber horn button bushing. These can deteriorate & break down.
bandjoey
Can the wire be replaced with the spring loaded pin of older 914's? If so, tall or short?
Drums66
....Horn wire disconnected or broken inside steering wheel
& is shorting out idea.gif (914 Poltergeist)
bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.