Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone ever used a JWest Fuse panel in an......
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
Just curious. I have had 2 customers ask about it in the last week. beerchug.gif
Als914
I installed the JWest in my '74 with surprising results...all my lights became brighter and the electrical system in general seemed to function better. If the wiring harness at the fuse panel hasn't been butchard it is a very simple swap. I did mine in twenty minutes being very deliberate and taking every precaution I could. I am a happy customer.

Al
hwgunner
QUOTE(Als914 @ Mar 10 2011, 10:04 AM) *

I installed the JWest in my '74 with surprising results...all my lights became brighter and the electrical system in general seemed to function better. If the wiring harness at the fuse panel hasn't been butchard it is a very simple swap. I did mine in twenty minutes being very deliberate and taking every precaution I could. I am a happy customer.

Al

was that a 74 911??

jonathan
Loser_Cruiser
I'm curious too, I have a 75 911 that I'd like to upgrade the fuse panel in.
Als914
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Mar 10 2011, 11:30 AM) *

QUOTE(Als914 @ Mar 10 2011, 10:04 AM) *

Al

was that a 74 911??

jonathan

Sorry Guy's, I didn't catch the 911 in the title. The '74 I refered to was my 914.
bernbomb914
check with JWest they will tell if it will work I have one on my 74 914
Cap'n Krusty
Maybe on a true "early" car, but not on anything else. You run out of fuses pretty quickly. Even on a car where there would be enough fuses, the power buss mignt be different, and there may be issues with the wires being long enough to go where they need to go. Besides that, you would have to crimp a connector onto every wire, and cut each wire back a bit to give the crimp a good purchase. Lotta work for a problem that shouldn't even exist.

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.