Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 911 "get it back on the road" progress thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hwgunner
Well, Mark and I have been staring at this 911 for some time now. Yesterday we decided to do a little work. the car needs the rear seat pans and package tray replaced so mark and i went about removing all of the interior so the work can be done. Here is what we started with
Click to view attachment

and what we ended with after cleaning everything out but the dash.
Click to view attachment

Yes that is the passenger rear seat bottom.
hwgunner
the package tray also has some problems. This is the same on both sides.
Click to view attachment
hwgunner
Here are some better pics of the inside as it is now.
Click to view attachment
hwgunner
And another from the front.
hwgunner
The floors in the car are going to be OK and do not need to be replaced. The only other spot so far that we have found that needs attention is the front cowel. This area needs to be replaced but may need to wait until I have more $$. I already have the engine and trans, a rebuilt 2.7 and a rebuilt factory LSD 915. the suspension is also pretty well set with shortened Custom front coil over struts with built in camber, Tarett upper strut mounts,RSR a-arm bushings, S brakes, aluminum cross member in the front and custom shortened rear Bilstein aluminum body coil over shocks, mono ball banana arm bushings, RSR adjustable rear spring plates, and GPRBars at both ends. Also just got a set of re-covered 77-78 911 Turbo sports seats with Hounds tooth inserts. Plan is to have it streetable for the summer. When I get the car registered i am shooting for a license plate that reads "DEAPRVD". And no I did not find any money. beerchug.gif
Root_Werks
Cool find, not many long nose 911's out on the road anymore.

hwgunner
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 10 2011, 10:31 AM) *

Yes, it will be an ugly duckling when I get it on the road. Just no money for repaint and body work but it will be fun. Got the car from 914 limited. He told me about it and I said yes sight un seen. This is what i have wanted for a very long time.

jonathan
hwgunner
McMark
Cool! thumb3d.gif
sww914
Any outside pics?
I see a pedal cluster rebuild in your future...
markb
What Jonathan neglected to mention is that all the cool suspension stuff has yet to be installed. Most everything on the car needs to be R & R'd. My work is cut out for me.... biggrin.gif I guess I can call it job security.....
This is very much a diamond in the rough, but I'll bet within 3 years it'll be a really nice car.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(hwgunner @ Mar 10 2011, 10:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Mar 10 2011, 10:31 AM) *

Yes, it will be an ugly duckling when I get it on the road. Just no money for repaint and body work but it will be fun. Got the car from 914 limited. He told me about it and I said yes sight un seen. This is what i have wanted for a very long time.

jonathan
hwgunner

To give an example of how times have recently changed for long noses:

7 years ago I traded straight across my 85' 944 NA for a 73' 911T with MFI that still worked. The 911 was kinda an ugly duckling while the 944 was nice. But good luck trying to do that now-a-days!

That was one car I should have kept. sad.gif The 911 that is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.