Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can you spot the mistake ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
johannes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhejVz-Nuyc

stirthepot.gif
7TPorsh
Boxster & Cayman were the first production mid engine Porsche?
nsyr
WTF.gif
VaccaRabite
Oh, its not like the 914 was a real Porsche.

poke.gif

The real error was that the Cayman was not in my garage.
Zach
VaccaRabite
I made a comment, but it has to be approved by the video poster. I wonder if they will approve it?
7TPorsh
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 10 2011, 09:02 AM) *

Oh, its not like the 914 was a real Porsche.

poke.gif

The real error was that the Cayman was not in my garage.
Zach

The 6 was...
Cap'n Krusty
You may not be aware that a street version of the 904 was offered, and 100+ cars might be considered "production" .................

The Cap'n
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 10 2011, 12:35 PM) *

You may not be aware that a street version of the 904 was offered, and 100+ cars might be considered "production" .................

It was production enough for the homologation rules. I'd allow it. :-)

Zach
dflesburg
the 550 was mid engine and was street legal.

also, the Porsche guy didnt say that, the dumb ass interviewer said it and the polite Porsche guy didnt correct him.
SLITS
It wasn't politically correct for us Amerikans .... It should have been "Afro-Amerikan Edition".
BMXerror
QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 10 2011, 05:32 PM) *

It wasn't politically correct for us Amerikans .... It should have been "Afro-Amerikan Edition".

av-943.gif What about the rims? Can you get it with 32 inchers? barf.gif
Mark D.
dion9146
QUOTE(BMXerror @ Mar 10 2011, 09:08 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Mar 10 2011, 05:32 PM) *

av-943.gif What about the rims? Can you get it with 32 inchers? barf.gif
Mark D.

Seriously?
BKLA
The interviewer must be a friend of Mr. Clarkson. smile.gif
johannes
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Mar 10 2011, 09:05 AM) *

I made a comment, but it has to be approved by the video poster. I wonder if they will approve it?

Edit : My comment was approved ...
rick 918-S
I'll have to go back ands see if they allow my reply. happy11.gif How long does approval usually take? confused24.gif
Brett W
That was lame, did that clown forget all about the great Porsche mid engined cars that were road legal like the 914, 550, 904, 962, Carrera GT, etc. Oh well.
naro914
nice Zach, but you misspelled Boxster. (I assume zachnall is you?)
I like the comment about 'the mid-engine layout has the engine in the right place' and one guy pointed out that means the 911 has it in the wrong place.... in one comment, he bashed the most successful sports car of all time, and the icon of Porsche. Good job...
SGB
I got my NARP on again!

smile.gif

I guess they considered the 914 a VW-Porsche regardless of how the US labled it.
naro914
Scott,
I see it more positively... look at it this way, he just lumped the 914 in with the Carrera GT. smile.gif
naro914
Think about it: the 914 is not the predicessor to the Boxster or Cayman as it's always talked about. The Boxster is a convertible, the Cayman is a coupe.

The Carrera GT has a removable top...just like....the 914!!

and now, this guy discounted BOTH in his interview.

So.... smile.gif
rick 918-S
I think they blocked my comment mad.gif There is a comment showing it was submitted 3 hours ago and mine was submitted 4 1/2 hours ago. dry.gif
BMXerror
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Mar 11 2011, 11:32 AM) *

I think they blocked my comment mad.gif There is a comment showing it was submitted 3 hours ago and mine was submitted 4 1/2 hours ago. dry.gif

Haha... what did you do, Rick? biggrin.gif
And yes, Dion... Seriously.
Mark D.
dion9146
Thanks. Just wanted to make sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.