Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is it legal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Razorbobsr
Engine runs fine at 900 RPMs, cleaned jets, changed plugs, changed bad NEW plug, changed plug wires. Under driving loads miss-fires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can feel 1 cyl hitting and missing under normal aceleration and WOT engine pulls like a horse. Does anyone know of a 914 guy, in or near Terre Haute Ind?????? I am at my wits end, its simple, I know it is but I cant find it! After this prob sense last spring/summer/fall. 2L eng, rebuilt, driven 1500 miles to home without a prob. Bob.......... Time to start drinking

OK, done drinking for the week! Could I have a coil failing? Engine will hold 4K smoothly in driveway, 900 idle.... but engine falls down under a load. Do have Seafome in tank, gas has been in tank sense last summer but I had this prob before I gassed it up. Bob
Woody
Sounds like plugged idle jets. Blow em out again. Then take a can of carb cleaner and stick the little red twiggy thing into the hole for the idle jet and give it a few good squirts.
d914
Gas tank might be dirty and cause a re-occurring problem with the jets,, Make sure you have good filter before the carbs..
stugray
My Ghia had a similar problem.

Turned out that the fuel tank was rusting and clogged the fuel line.

Took tank out, blew lines out ran better than ever afterwards.

However if yours runs good at WOT, then it is probably not starving.

Stu
Elliot Cannon
Idle jets... Clean everything from the carbs to the tank. Install good fuel filter. Drive the piss out of it. driving.gif av-943.gif driving.gif
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(Woody @ Mar 11 2011, 06:21 PM) *

Sounds like plugged idle jets. Blow em out again. Then take a can of carb cleaner and stick the little red twiggy thing into the hole for the idle jet and give it a few good squirts.
Done that, snorted some too! Bob
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(d914 @ Mar 11 2011, 07:07 PM) *

Gas tank might be dirty and cause a re-occurring problem with the jets,, Make sure you have good filter before the carbs..

I have 2 good filters. Bob
Razorbobsr
QUOTE(stugray @ Mar 11 2011, 07:46 PM) *

My Ghia had a similar problem.

Turned out that the fuel tank was rusting and clogged the fuel line.

Took tank out, blew lines out ran better than ever afterwards.

However if yours runs good at WOT, then it is probably not starving.

Stu
Dont think its starving either..... Filters clean and clear, like I said...... I can feel 1 cyl comeing in and dropping out...... smooth as glass 900 rpms in driveway, will rev and hold a smooth 4k. Falls down under a load Bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.